[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--October 18th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 16 20:03:53 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 18th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 24th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
MALEFICENTtimes.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++++
HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN!!

maleficent_mistress_of_evil_ver16.JPG
MALEFICENT: Mistress of Evil (PG)
In Disney's "Maleficent: Mistress of Evil," a sequel to the 2014 global box
office hit, Maleficent and her goddaughter Aurora begin to question the
complex family ties that bind them as they are pulled in different
directions by impending nuptials, unexpected allies and dark new forces at
play. The years have been kind to Maleficent and Aurora. Their relationship,
born of heartbreak, revenge and ultimately love, has flourished. Yet the
hatred between man and the fairies still exists. Aurora's impending marriage
to Prince Phillip is cause for celebration in the kingdom of Ulstead and the
neighboring Moors, as the wedding serves to unite the two worlds.

maleficent_mistress_of_evil_ver7.JPG

MALEFICENT: Mistress of Evil (PG)

++++++++++++++++++++++

IT'S THE SEASON FOR SPOOOKY FUN!!

addams_family.JPG
THE ADDAMS FAMILY (PG)
Get ready to snap your fingers! The first family of Halloween, the Addams
Family, is back on the big screen in the first animated comedy about the
kookiest family on the block. Funny, outlandish, and completely iconic, the
Addams Family redefines what it means to be a good neighbor.

THE ADDAMS FAMILY (PG)

++++++++++++++++++++++

THE INCREDIBLE SAGA BEGINS!!

joker_ver2.JPG
JOKER (R)
"Joker" centers around the iconic arch nemesis and is an original,
standalone fictional story not seen before on the big screen. Phillips'
exploration of Arthur Fleck, who is indelibly portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix,
is of a man struggling to find his way in Gotham's fractured society. A
clown-for-hire by day, he aspires to be a stand-up comic at night...but
finds the joke always seems to be on him. Caught in a cyclical existence
between apathy and cruelty, Arthur makes one bad decision that brings about
a chain reaction of escalating events in this gritty character study.
JOKER (R)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip&Marquee.jpg
Skip Huston
'tis the season for SPOOKY!
Ah, Halloween.My favorite holiday since I was a little monster.
When my best friend, the prolific and acclaimed author/producer/entrepreneur
Troy Taylor and I created the HAUNTED DECATUR TOURS way back in 1994, we had
no idea the industry it would create for us, much less think the tours would
still be operating, and still selling out every season in 2019!
(Before you ask.yes, they are sold out this year. You can check at
www.HauntedDecatur.com to verify there haven't been some tours added.)

So many things came out of those original tours, it's hard to even fathom.
You can list The Avon's rebirth, and over 130 different books of Troy's in
print, plus tours in other cities, conventions and even some music
endeavors---all owed to that brainstorm of 1994.

Please remember that The Avon's annual no-holds-barred costume bash of THE
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, on our stage with the Millikin Shadow Cast and on
our screen with the notorious movie, will be at 10:00 PM this year instead
of Midnight, as it has been for the past 15 years.
We always wanted to try 10:00 PM, but it was too far into the season before
we thought about it.
This year, its at 10:00 PM, and we'll see how it goes. We can always go back
to Midnight if we want to next year.
So, ROCKY HORROR on FRI, Oct. 25th and SAT, Oct. 26th at 10:00 PM. Spread
the word!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston