[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--AUG. 23rd, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Aug 22 18:51:40 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 23rd thru THURSDAY, AUG. 29th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR ‘QUICK LOOK’ SHOWTIMES!!
READYtimes (2).PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++
HIGHLY-ACCLAIMED MYSTERY!!

A WEDDING THRILLER!!!
ready_or_not.JPG
READY OR NOT (R)
Ready Or Not follows a young bride (Samara Weaving) as she joins her new
husband's (Mark O'Brien) rich, eccentric family (Adam Brody, Henry Czerny,
Andie MacDowell) in a time-honored tradition that turns into a lethal game
with everyone fighting for their survival.
ready_or_not_ver2.JPG

READY OR NOT (R)
FRI: (5:00) –8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) -8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00) – 7:00ßNOTE: 7:00 on Sunday, not 8:00!
MON thru THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++
A GREAT “FEEL GOOD” MOVIE!!
blinded_by_the_light_ver2.JPG
BLINDED BY THE LIGHT (PG13)
1987. When music fanatic Javed discovers the illustrious back catalogue of
The Boss his world is turned upside down; already a creative soul his
passion for music and writing is set alight by the songs of the
working-class poet, whose lyrics feel all too familiar to the aspirational
teenager. Yearning to escape his rundown hometown and the rules of his
traditional Pakistani household, Javed finds himself caught in between two
worlds and must discover if he too is Born to Run...
Critics Consensus

Like a life-affirming rock anthem, Blinded by the Light hits familiar chords
with confidence and flair, building to a conclusion that leaves audiences
cheering for an encore.
blinded_by_the_light_ver3.JPGblinded_by_the_light_ver4.JPG
BLINDED BY THE LIGHT (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) –7:00
SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) -7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30 (ENDS THURSDAY!!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

FROM THE BEST-SELLING BOOK!!
whered_you_go_bernadette_ver2 (2).JPG
WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE? (PG13)
Based on the runaway bestseller, Where'd You Go, Bernadette is an inspiring
comedy about Bernadette Fox (Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett), a loving
mom who becomes compelled to reconnect with her creative passions after
years of sacrificing herself for her family. Bernadette's leap of faith
takes her on an epic adventure that jump-starts her life and leads to her
triumphant rediscovery.

WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE? (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) –7:00
SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) -7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, AUG. 30th!!

A FINE CAST AND A GREAT STORY!!
after_the_wedding.JPG
AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)
Isabel (Michelle Williams) has dedicated her life to working with the
children in an orphanage in Calcutta. Theresa (Julianne Moore) is the
multimillionaire head of a media company who lives with her artist husband
(Billy Crudup) and their twin boys in New York. When word comes to Isabel of
a mysterious and generous grant for the financially struggling orphanage,
she must travel to New York to meet the benefactor--Theresa--in person.

AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)

(REGULAR SHOWTIMES ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK)
++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, AUG. 30th!!

YOU WANTED IT AT THE AVON

SO HERE IT IS!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
art_of_racing_in_the_rain_ver2.JPG
THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (PG)
Based on the best-selling novel by Garth Stein, THE ART OF RACING IN THE
RAIN is a heartfelt tale narrated by a witty and philosophical dog named
Enzo (voiced by Kevin Costner). Through his bond with his owner, Denny Swift
(Milo Ventimiglia), an aspiring Formula One race car driver, Enzo has gained
tremendous insight into the human condition and understands that the
techniques needed on the racetrack can also be used to successfully navigate
the journey of life. The film follows Denny and the loves of his life - his
wife, Eve (Amanda Seyfried), their young daughter Zoe (Ryan Kiera
Armstrong), and ultimately, his true best friend, Enzo.

art_of_racing_in_the_rain.JPG

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (PG)

(REGULAR SHOWTIMES ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK)
++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
Skip Huston

So, how are you?

I’m wondering if all of you know we have three EXCELLENT movies, for ALL
tastes, that you don’t have to worry about liking or not!
They don’t come much better than BLINDED BY THE LIGHT and WHERE’D YOU GO,
BERNADETTE, and if a top-notch thriller is in store, then READY OR NOT will
fill that bill!
ALL of these three have been rated very well by the critics.
We’ve got Decatur’s BEST movie theater popcorn with reel buttah, and a lot
of other goodies at great prices, served by the famous, friendly Avon staff!
I’m looking for you this weekend!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FILM CLASS ANOUNCED!!
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES
Films About Reporters, Newspapers, and the “search for the story”

The continuation of our popular 21 year film and discussion series on the
art of the movies!

AN 8 WEEK COURSE STARTING THURSDAY, SEPT. 26th  and ending THURSDAY, NOV.
14th!!

This 8 week screening and discussion film series will meet every Thursday @
6:30 PM starting SEPT 26th at The Avon Theatre.
Cost is $80, in cash, check or credit cards), checks payable to “TMG  LLC”

Like all of our previous film classes, we NEVER reveal the movies to be
screened beforehand
BUT
we think you will find one of your next  favorite
films in the offerings! This is such a rich topic. So many great movies have
been about the business of news reporting.

==================================

Come and  join us for 8 weeks of unforgettable movie experiences, and a
lively discussion with fellow film-buffs!  Sign up TODAY at the AVON
THEATRE!

(Give this form with your payment to the Avon Theatre’s staff)
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES sign-up form

$80, Cash, Check or Credit Card)

NAME:_______________________________

NUMBER OF  SIGN-UPS___________

PHONE:_________________________________________

EMAIL (if any):____________________________________________
(Email to be used only for class purposes)

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston