[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--August 30th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Aug 29 17:49:25 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 30th thru THURSDAY, SEPT. 5th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
RACINGtimes.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++++
HIGHLY-ACCLAIMED MYSTERY!!

A WEDDING THRILLER!!!
ready_or_not.JPG
READY OR NOT (R)
Ready Or Not follows a young bride (Samara Weaving) as she joins her new
husband's (Mark O'Brien) rich, eccentric family (Adam Brody, Henry Czerny,
Andie MacDowell) in a time-honored tradition that turns into a lethal game
with everyone fighting for their survival.
ready_or_not_ver2.JPG

READY OR NOT (R)
FRI: (5:00) -8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (5:00) -8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15 (ENDS WED!)

++++++++++++++++++++++
AVON EXCLUSIVE!!

A FINE CAST AND A GREAT STORY!!
after_the_wedding.JPG
AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)
Isabel (Michelle Williams) has dedicated her life to working with the
children in an orphanage in Calcutta. Theresa (Julianne Moore) is the
multimillionaire head of a media company who lives with her artist husband
(Billy Crudup) and their twin boys in New York. When word comes to Isabel of
a mysterious and generous grant for the financially struggling orphanage,
she must travel to New York to meet the benefactor--Theresa--in person.

AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)

FRI: (4:00) -7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) -7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30

++++++++++++++++++

YOU WANTED IT AT THE AVON.
SO HERE IT IS!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
art_of_racing_in_the_rain_ver2.JPG
THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (PG)
Based on the best-selling novel by Garth Stein, THE ART OF RACING IN THE
RAIN is a heartfelt tale narrated by a witty and philosophical dog named
Enzo (voiced by Kevin Costner). Through his bond with his owner, Denny Swift
(Milo Ventimiglia), an aspiring Formula One race car driver, Enzo has gained
tremendous insight into the human condition and understands that the
techniques needed on the racetrack can also be used to successfully navigate
the journey of life. The film follows Denny and the loves of his life - his
wife, Eve (Amanda Seyfried), their young daughter Zoe (Ryan Kiera
Armstrong), and ultimately, his true best friend, Enzo.

art_of_racing_in_the_rain.JPG

THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (PG)

FRI: (4:00) -7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) -7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)

++++++++++++++++++
it_chapter_two_ver9 (2).JPGit_chapter_two_ver6 (2).JPG
SPECIAL PREMIERE!!
THURSDAY, SEPT. 5th 7:00 PM

Are YOU Ready For IT??
IT's Ready To Tell You The Rest of the Story!
it_chapter_two_ver2 (2).JPG
Stephen King's IT-Chap. 2 (R)
Evil resurfaces in Derry as director Andy Muschietti reunites the Losers
Club in a return to where it all began with "IT Chapter Two," the conclusion
to the highest-grossing horror film of all time. Twenty-seven years after
the Losers Club defeated Pennywise, he has returned to terrorize the town of
Derry once more. Now adults, the Losers have long since gone their separate
ways. However, kids are disappearing again, so Mike, the only one of the
group to remain in their hometown, calls the others home. Damaged by the
experiences of their past, they must each conquer their deepest fears to
destroy Pennywise once and for all...putting them directly in the path of
the clown that has become deadlier than ever.
it_chapter_two_ver3 (2).JPG

Stephen King's IT-Chap. 2 (R)
THURS, SEPT. 5th 7:00 PM
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK)

+++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
Skip Huston
HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

NEW FILM CLASS ANOUNCED!!
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES
Films About Reporters, Newspapers, and the "search for the story".

The continuation of our popular 21 year film and discussion series on the
art of the movies!

AN 8 WEEK COURSE STARTING THURSDAY, SEPT. 26th  and ending THURSDAY, NOV.
14th!!

This 8 week screening and discussion film series will meet every Thursday @
6:30 PM starting SEPT 26th at The Avon Theatre.
Cost is $80, in cash, check or credit cards), checks payable to "TMG  LLC".

Like all of our previous film classes, we NEVER reveal the movies to be
screened beforehand.BUT.we think you will find one of your next  favorite
films in the offerings! This is such a rich topic. So many great movies have
been about the business of news reporting.

==================================

Come and  join us for 8 weeks of unforgettable movie experiences, and a
lively discussion with fellow film-buffs!  Sign up TODAY at the AVON
THEATRE!

(Give this form with your payment to the Avon Theatre's staff)
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES sign-up form

$80, Cash, Check or Credit Card)

NAME:_______________________________

NUMBER OF  SIGN-UPS___________

PHONE:_________________________________________

EMAIL (if any):________________________(Email to be used only for class
purposes)

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston