[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News MAY 25, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue May 22 22:07:26 EDT 2018

$5.00 PREMIERE THIS THURS (5/24)

 THURS May 24th  7:00 PM!!
 ALL THURS PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
Standard 2D or Eye-Popping 3D-YOUR Choice!
--but NO Extra 3D Charges!!
solo_a_star_wars_story_ver17.jpg
SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 25th thru THURSDAY, MAY 31st ONLY!!
SENDING THIS OUT EARLY DUE TO HOLIDAY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
NOTE: EXTENDED HOLIDAY HOURS!!
BOOKTIMES2 (2).PNG

+++++++++++++++++++++++
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!
A NEW STAR WARS STORY!!!
solo_a_star_wars_story_ver17.jpg
SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A
Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the
galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and
dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot
Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a
journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga's most
unlikely heroes.
Critics Consensus: A.fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars
Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans.

SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)
THURS, MAY 24th PREMIERE!! 7:00 PM
Standard 2D or Eye-Popping 3D-YOUR Choice!
NO EXTRA 3D Charges!!
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE SEQUEL TO THE MEGA-HIT!!
deadpool_two_ver15.jpg
DEADPOOL 2 (R)

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef
(Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Miami's hottest
bartender, while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste.
Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade
must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines,
as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family,
friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the
coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.
Critics Consensus: Though it threatens to buckle under the weight of its
meta gags, Deadpool 2 is a gory, gleeful lampoon of the superhero genre
buoyed by Ryan Reynolds' undeniable charm.
DEADPOOL 2 (R)
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++
PERFECT COMEDY FOR THE AVON FANS!!

book_club_ver2.jpg
BOOK CLUB (PG13)
Diane (Diane Keaton) is recently widowed after 40 years of marriage. Vivian
(Jane Fonda) enjoys her men with no strings attached. Sharon (Candice
Bergen) is still working through a decades-old divorce. Carol's (Mary
Steenburgen) marriage is in a slump after 35 years. Four lifelong friends'
lives are turned upside down to hilarious ends when their book club tackles
the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. From discovering new romance to
rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their next chapter
the best chapter.
BOOK CLUB (PG13)

FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Skip Huston
Nothing makes me feel like all the work that goes into this place by yours
truly, and our family and staff, is all so very worth it until I see huge
crowds of you just loving a movie like BOOK CLUB.
As I said last week, BOOK CLUB was a real squabble with those "other guys".
They really didn't want it that badly, but they didn't want US to have it!!
It ended up WE had it and THEY did NOT!!
Sometimes the Cinema Gods do us a real solid.

Now, as we go into the 2nd week with it, we'll see how it all shakes out.
Maybe they'll pick it up, or maybe they won't.
One thing is for sure: We've had hundreds for it this week, and took the
cream right out of their coffee!
IF they DO grab it too, we have a blessed head-start on them!

So, why am I so focused on BOOK CLUB instead of our other 2
mega-blockbusters, SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY and DEADPOOL 2??
Because BOOK CLUB is one for OUR team!
-The loyal patrons who have kept us alive for going on 20 years!
It's not very often a real crowd pleaser for OUR folks comes along.
You can bet your sweet bippy I'm going to praise it to the skies!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sue and I (and the rest of the family hooligans) are off to my beloved
niece, Megan's, wedding in Arkansas this holiday weekend. My right-hand,
Ashley, will be in charge, along with most of our crackerjack staff you've
all come to know so well. Stop in and see BOOK CLUB again, or one of our
other offerings. Or just buy some of our legendary popcorn to go.
Or just stop in and say howdy. I'm sure they will all be missing me
terribly!
I'll be back on Monday.
Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend. It looks like its going to
be HOT!
+++++++++++++++++++++++
DON'T FORGET: THE NEW FILM CLASS STARTS THURS, JUNE 14th at 6:30!
Don't miss this summer's edition of "OVERLOOKED FILMS"!!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston