[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News JUNE 1st, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed May 30 18:42:44 EDT 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 1st thru THURSDAY, JUNE 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
OCEANSTIMES.bmp

+++++++++++++++++++++++
PERFECT COMEDY FOR THE AVON FANS!!

EVERYONE LOVES THIS ONE!!
AND.It's ONLY at THE AVON!

book_club_ver2.jpg
BOOK CLUB (PG13)
Diane (Diane Keaton) is recently widowed after 40 years of marriage. Vivian
(Jane Fonda) enjoys her men with no strings attached. Sharon (Candice
Bergen) is still working through a decades-old divorce. Carol's (Mary
Steenburgen) marriage is in a slump after 35 years. Four lifelong friends'
lives are turned upside down to hilarious ends when their book club tackles
the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. From discovering new romance to
rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their next chapter
the best chapter.
BOOK CLUB (PG13)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NEW STAR WARS STORY!!!
solo_a_star_wars_story_ver17.jpg
SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A
Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the
galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and
dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot
Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a
journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga's most
unlikely heroes.
Critics Consensus: A.fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars
Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans.

SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE SEQUEL TO THE MEGA-HIT!!
deadpool_two_ver15.jpg
DEADPOOL 2 (R)

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef
(Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Miami's hottest
bartender, while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste.
Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade
must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines,
as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family,
friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the
coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.
Critics Consensus: Though it threatens to buckle under the weight of its
meta gags, Deadpool 2 is a gory, gleeful lampoon of the superhero genre
buoyed by Ryan Reynolds' undeniable charm.
DEADPOOL 2 (R)
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (Ends Wed!)
++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE THURS, JUNE 7th 7:00 PM!!

oceans_eight_ver2.jpg
OCEAN'S 8 (PG13)
Upon her release from prison, Debbie, the estranged sister of legendary
conman Danny Ocean, puts together a team of unstoppable crooks to pull of
the heist of the century. Their goal is New York City's annual Met Gala, and
a necklace worth in excess of 150 million dollars.

OCEAN'S 8 (PG13)
SNEAK PREMIERE!! THURS, JUNE 7th at 7:00 PM!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Skip Huston
I hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!
We had a Memorial Day weekend like we haven't seen in a few years, and there
were times we were pretty much packed!
The only downside to that is: A bunch of our staff (including my wife and I)
were gone!
Our long-time General Manager, Ashley and her Co-Manager, Hannah, were there
with all the remaining staffers, and they soldiered through like the
troupers they are.
I was monitoring their traffic via texts and our security camera system, and
I never had a thing to worry about.
I'm real proud of the Avon staff.
We have such low employee turnover because they ALL feel they have more than
just "a job" (in fact, we don't hire people who put us in that category).
Our staff stays with us a LONG time, and, believe me, it's not because I am
such a joy to work for! HaHaHa

Sue and I went to our niece's destination wedding at the historic Crescent
Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and had a real great time. It's a little
hard to get to, and the Ozark mountain roads can be a little scary, but the
town and the hotel are so beautiful, it was worth it!
(That is, until we had to battle holiday traffic coming out of Branson on
the way home!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++
DON'T FORGET: THE NEW FILM CLASS STARTS THURS, JUNE 14th at 6:30!
Don't miss this summer's edition of "OVERLOOKED FILMS"!!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston