[Avon-theatre-news] AVON Theater News MAY, 18th 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed May 16 17:53:05 EDT 2018

TWO THURS $5.00 PREMIERES THIS THURS (5/17)

        THURS May 17th  7:00 PM!!
          ALL THURS PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
deadpool_two_ver4.jpg ANDàbook_club_ver2.jpg
cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 18th thru THURSDAY, MAY 24th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR ‘QUICK LOOK’ SHOWTIMES!!
SOLOREVISED.bmp

++++++++++++++++++++

THE SEQUEL TO THE MEGA-HIT!!
deadpool_two_ver15.jpg
DEADPOOL 2 (R)

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef
(Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Miami's hottest
bartender, while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste.
Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade
must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines,
as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family,
friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the
coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.
Critics Consensus: Though it threatens to buckle under the weight of its
meta gags, Deadpool 2 is a gory, gleeful lampoon of the superhero genre
buoyed by Ryan Reynolds' undeniable charm.
DEADPOOL 2 (R)

FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++
PERFECT COMEDY FOR THE AVON FANS!!

book_club_ver2.jpg
BOOK CLUB (PG13)
Diane (Diane Keaton) is recently widowed after 40 years of marriage. Vivian
(Jane Fonda) enjoys her men with no strings attached. Sharon (Candice
Bergen) is still working through a decades-old divorce. Carol's (Mary
Steenburgen) marriage is in a slump after 35 years. Four lifelong friends'
lives are turned upside down to hilarious ends when their book club tackles
the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. From discovering new romance to
rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their next chapter
the best chapter.
BOOK CLUB (PG13)

FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (NO THURS May 24th SHOW, BUT RETURNS ON FRIDAY May
25th!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
life_of_the_party_ver2.jpg
LIFE OF THE PARTY (PG13)
When her husband suddenly dumps her, longtime dedicated housewife Deanna
(McCarthy) turns regret into re-set by going back to college...landing in
the same class and school as her daughter, who's not entirely sold on the
idea. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, the increasingly
outspoken Deanna-now Dee Rock-embraces freedom, fun and frat boys on her own
terms, finding her true self in a senior year no one ever expected.
LIFE OF THE PARTY (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!
A NEW STAR WARS STORY!!!
solo_a_star_wars_story_ver17.jpg
SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A
Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the
galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and
dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot
Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a
journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga's most
unlikely heroes.
Critics Consensus: A
fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars
Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans

SOLO: A Star Wars Story (PG13)
THURS, MAY 24th PREMIERE!! 7:00 PM
Standard 2D or Eye-Popping 3D—YOUR Choice!
NO EXTRA 3D Charges!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Skip Huston
And, so here we are!
Last week, when I asked you to show me via email if you wanted the
newsletter back, whoa Nellie!
I guess you do want it back. You really do!

And, I actually have something to Rant, Rave & Ramble about too!
I hope all of you will come and see BOOK CLUB, because it represents a
stressful episode for the past 2 weeks that was as suspenseful as any movie
of intrigue you can think of.
Basically: We were not going to get it!
The main office bullies at “the other guys” were sure it was 1000% perfect
for us, and tried to use their influence to stop us from getting it. Why
they care, I don’t know. We only have 3 screens; they have 22. We are happy
with our slice of the pie, but, apparently they want the WHOLE pie!
Maybe it’s because I’m constantly saying THE AVON is locally owned (which
“they” are not) or that THE AVON is AMERICAN owned (which “they” are not), I
don’t know

What I DO know is the studios don’t like to be strong-armed by the big guys.
The studios want an healthy market with a mix of Ma & Pa theaters, and, of
course, those big mega-plex hoo-hahs.
Its really petty when “the other guys” try to use a sledge-hammer to smash a
flea!
Just let us do our thing, and they can do theirs.

Soooooo, as of this writing, and this could change at any moment, THE AVON
has BOOK CLUB, and “the other guys” DO NOT!!
I have no idea what kind of alchemy went into this situation, since 2 weeks
ago our booker told us to take down the BOOK CLUB posters and stop playing
the trailer.
For those past 2 weeks, we have been on pins and needles wondering how it
was all going to shake out.
And, we STILL don’t know for absolute sure!
We may NEVER know.
BUT
right now, BOOK CLUB is exclusively at THE AVON, where it should’ve been
all along.
We’ll see how long that ‘exclusive’ holds, but we are happy just to be
playing it.
The more mature crowd comes to THE AVON, and, for the most part, prefer THE
AVON over “the other guys”.
BOOK CLUB is tailor-made for the mature crowd!!

GET THEE TO SEE BOOK CLUB!!
I’m looking for ALL of you!!
___________________________________
DON’T FORGET: THE NEW FILM CLASS STARTS THURS, JUNE 14th at 6:30!
Don’t miss this summer’s edition of “OVERLOOKED FILMS”!!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
NO SILLY CLUBS TO JOIN!! NO CORPORATE HOO-HAH TO TRAVERSE!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston