[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 8th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 7 13:46:24 EDT 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 8th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 14th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: Disney's EARTH (G) A Family Event on Decatur's BIGGEST Screen!!

CONTINUING: WOLVERINE (PG13) The BIG Hugh Jackman Action-Adventure!
                  GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST (PG13) Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner!!

COMING NEXT WEEK: ANGELS AND DEMONS (PG13) Tom Hanks in DaVinci Code Part Two!!!

COMING SOON:
MAY 22nd: TERMINATOR SALVATION (R)
MAY 22nd: NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG)
JUNE 5th: MY LIFE IN RUINS (PG13)
JUNE 12th: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (R)
JUNE 19th: THE PROPOSAL (PG13)
JUNE 26th: MY SISTER'S KEEPER (PG13)
JULY 1st: PUBLIC ENEMIES (R)
...and so much MORE!!!
EARTH (G) Here is an absolutely terrific film for the whole family, and I do mean ALL ages! In the vein of MARCH OF THE PENQUINS, the Disney studios bring you this live action study of three animal families and their life on terra firma.
This is a "Limited Engagement" and was made possible by the wonderful support of St. Mary's Hospital, who feel this film is a "must see".
Don't delay or procrastinate in seeing this, as we do not know how long we will have it!
(There are Summer movies stacked up behind it, and we only have 3 screens, y'know!)
EARTH (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00: Both Sat & Sun 1:00 pm showings are SOLD-OUT) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST  (PG13) Boy, is the Avon the best place for "chick flicks"!! This fun film with Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner (along with Michael Douglas and some surprise cameos) is a real winner!
Add in our Gourmet Quality popcorn, and you've got yourself a date!!
(Even if you are by yourself!)
GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE (PG13) Hugh Jackman in the gigantic box-office hit now in its 2nd week.
I know some of you are turning up your nose at "another super-hero movie", but, this one is very good!
(And, you better get used to Super-Hero movies; they are as old as the movies themselves, (so they are not some kind of "fad"), and there are a whole bunch more coming all the time!
Bottom Line: These movies are FUN! If you want to feel good, these are the ticket!
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Rather short newsletter this week, but time kinda' got away from me...
The Summer movie season kicks off in high gear next week with ANGELS AND DEMONS, and we are doing some Spring spruce-ups and refurbs to best handle the crowds. (i.e. the balcony will be open a lot more this summmer).
Plus, you will start to see some familar faces behind our counters as some of our veteran staffers return home from college and man their posts.
(And, we have some new people too!)
All in all, I LOVE Summer, and let's get to it!!
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll Be Looking for ALL of you, and especially....YOU!!