[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--MAY 15th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed May 13 14:19:58 EDT 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 15th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 21st ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: ANGELS AND DEMONS (PG13) Tom Hanks in "DaVinci Code Part Two"!!!

CONTINUING: EARTH (G) Disney's Astounding Live-Action Chronicle!
                  GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST (PG13) Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner!!

SPECIAL EVENT: WEDNESDAY, 5/20 @ MIDNIGHT!! TERMINATOR SALVATION (PG13)

COMING NEXT WEEK:  THURSDAY,MAY 21st Memorial Day weekend: TERMINATOR SALVATION (R)
                            FRIDAY, MAY 22nd Memorial Day weekend: NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG)
COMING SOON:
JUNE 5th: MY LIFE IN RUINS (PG13) A New "Big Fat Greek" Movie from Nia Vardalos!!
JUNE 12th: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (R) Re-make of the powerhouse '70's Crime Thriller!
JUNE 19th: THE PROPOSAL (PG13) Sandra Bullock up to some mischief!
JUNE 26th: MY SISTER'S KEEPER (PG13) From the Best-Selling Book!!
JULY 1st: PUBLIC ENEMIES (R) Johnny Depp as John Dillinger! Christian (Batman) Bale as the G-Man who brings him down!
...and so much MORE!!!
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13) I remember when I first read Dan Brown's ultra-popular page-turner "The DaVinci Code", everybody who was familiar with Brown's books told me that the "other" book, "Angels & Demons", was the superior one!
I couldn't see how that could possibly be true.
"The DaVinci Code" was one of the coolest books I had read in a long time.
 It would have to go a long way to best it!
Then, I read "Angels & Demons"...
Well, OK!! I see what they meant!
So, when the "DaVinci Code" movie came out, I was one of those who would say "It wasn't as good as the book!"
(Here's a tip: Hardly any movie ever is as good as the book!)
NOW... here comes the movie of "Angels & Demons", and they have done something about TOM HANKS' hair this time too!
Basically, we have all the ingredients of a good thriller, minus the huge controversy from the church!
(Yes, there still is "some" controversy, but it is not enough to start picketing the theaters over!)
This really marks the real start of the Summer movie season, folks!
And this is one of them that has mammoth appeal to the "Avon crowd" too!
Don't Miss it!
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00)- (5:00) - 8:00
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15
THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST  (PG13) Here's the last chances to see this witty comedy starring MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY and JENNIFER GARNER (with MICHAEL DOUGLAS too). Don't lollygag any longer, because it will be gone and you'll be sooooo sorry you missed it!
GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EARTH (G) In a wholly unexpected and unprecedented move, we have decided this astounding true-life documentary from Walt Disney studios should be HELD-OVER for one last week!
We were originally only to play it for one week, but, with Mother's Day and all, we made the choice to give it another week so you can see this wonderful film in the same vein as past Avon hits like WINGED MIGRATION and MARCH OF THE PENGUINS.
This is the ONLY "family friendly" movie out right now until next week's 'Night at the Museum 2", and here is a great way to educate the kids about eco-awareness!
EARTH (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TERMINATOR SALVATION (PG13) So, the Summer MIDNIGHT shows begin!! There will be a lot more about this blockbuster in next week's newsletter, but for all of you who want to be there at the very first, there will be a MIDNIGHT PREMIERE on WEDNESDAY NIGHT, followed by a regular showing on THURSDAY, before starting its MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND run!
TERMINATOR SALVATION (PG13)
WEDNESDAY, May 20th: MIDNIGHT
THURSDAY, May 21st: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Thanks to all of you and the honorable Decatur Herald & Review for the appreciation of our 10th year anniversary!

What we do at the Avon is not an easy thing, in fact it is very, very difficult and stressful...
Y'see, we were NOT supposed to last 10 years!
-We weren't supposed to last 6 months!
(And some of our enemies wish we had not lasted 6 MINUTES!)

BUT, we start our 11th Summer proud and grateful for all of your support!

You know the 'corn if always popped and the (real) butter bubbling for you at your "hometown" theater!!
And, by the way, in October the Avon Twins annex is FIVE YEARS OLD!
...AND...in November, the Avon itself is, ready?....93 YEARS OLD!!
(and, me, I'm still 39!)

I'm Looking for ALL of YOU This Weekend!!!
Don't Let Me Down!!