[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 1/18/08

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jan 17 15:53:16 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 18th  thru THURSDAY, JAN. 24th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
27 DRESSES (PG13) Katherine Heigl and a Great Supporting Cast!

CONTINUING:
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman!!
JUNO (PG13) Jennifer Garner and Ellen Page

SPECIAL EVENT:
FRIDAY @ 10;30 PM
ADMISSION IS FREE!!!
Troy Taylor's Supernatural Spookshow--Part 3
"Night of the Demon" (1958 British Spooker!)
Troy Taylor In-Person!

COMING NEXT:
FEB. 1st: THERE WILL BE BLOOD (R) Daniel Day Lewis in his Award-Winning Role!
(See it on Decatur's BIGGEST screen!!)
FEB. 8th: FOOL'S GOLD (PG13) Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson are fighting like wildcats!!
FEB. 15th:THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES (PG) Family Fantasy Fun!!
FEB. 22nd: ????
27 DRESSES (PG13) For those of you who wondered what in the world happened to the famous Avon "chick flicks", well, here is the newest!! The very popular Katherine Heigl from TV and the big screen, stars as a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times, but never a bride! Add to that a very appealing supporting cast including Edward Burns and James Marsden, and you have an A-1 Avon "romantic comedy" (I like that term so much better than "chick flick"). This one looks like a hoot, folks!
27 DRESSES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Alright, so who knew?? I made the decision to open this in the smaller theater last weekend and leave JUNO in the big one, based on the huge business JUNO has been doing, and guess what???
History was made!
WE SOLD-OUT SEVEN SHOWS IN A ROW!!
Those of you who were there will know very well the barely-controlled chaos this movie caused! I guess I should have had more faith in the power of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman! The idiot critics didn't like it at all, but, THE CUSTOMERS SURE DID!! This is a prime example of why you should NEVER make a decision on a movie based solely on what the critics say! Sometimes, they are right, but, sometimes they are VERY wrong! YOU WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE!!
THE BUCKET LIST  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
JUNO (PG13) I am. frankly, flabbergasted at the number of people who have told me they have never heard of JUNO! Where have they been?? JUNO is considered one of the Best Films of the Year (and the critics are correct on this one) and is suitable for ALL age groups! To dismiss it as "the teenage pregnancy comedy" is really doing the film, and yourself, a disservice. This is a sweet, feel-good film that everyone who sees it has loved! It won't be here much longer, so you better hustle your bustle down to see it soon!
JUNO (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't forget to check out our website, www.TheAvon.com to see some new pictures of our fabulous "Popcorn Girls", and our entire staff posing for pictures that will be in the upcoming "official" announcement of our being VOTED #1 Movie Theater in the Decatur/Forsyth area!
Plus, our website has more details about more new movies and events too!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: Due to a scheduling problem, our presentation of THERE WILL BE BLOOD will be a week after the "other guys" open it. If you are dying to see it and can't wait one puny little week, you will be able to see it there...
HOWEVER, wait just ONE little tiny week, and you can see it on Decatur's BIGGEST screen!!
(That's right, this one goes in the BIG theater! I learned my lesson!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The NEW Film Classes "THRILLERS, FILM-NOIR AND CRIME MOVIES, Pt. 2" starts Thursday, Jan. 24th at 6:30 PM!!
Are You Enrolled Yet??
You can do it on Thursday night if you come around 6:15 (doors are locked at 6:35!).
After this class, we have a 2 week break and go right into our newest series,
"AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES--Pt. 1" , then we break for a month, and start "OVERLOOKED FILMS -Pt.6" for the Summer!!
I have missed doing the classes since we went on break back in early-November, and I'm more than ready to start!!
COME ON DOWN AND JOIN A BUNCH OF FELLOW FILM FANS!!
I'll Be Looking for YOU this Weekend!!
-Skip