[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 1/11/08

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jan 9 14:20:16 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 11th  thru THURSDAY, JAN. 17th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman Together!!

CONTINUING:
JUNO (PG13) The Surprise HIT of the Year!! (and it's ONLY at THE AVON!!)
NATIONAL TREASURE 2: Book of Secrets (PG) Last Chance Shows!!

SPECIAL EVENTS:
FRIDAY, January 18th @ 10:30 PM: The latest edition of Troy Taylor's SUPERNATURAL SPOOKSHOW!!
Admission is FREE, for a program of cool trailers and the rarely-seen British version of the 1958 occult masterpiece NIGHT OF THE DEMON starring Dana Andrews and some assorted shady characters!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
New Film Classes Start Thursday, January 24th @ 6:30 PM
Be There or Be Square!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
27 DRESSES (PG13) One of those famous Avon "chick flicks"!!! (and I love 'em!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Any time you have a movie with JACK NICHOLSON and MORGAN FREEMAN together, you had better know it is going to not only be "Review-proof", but an amazing display of veteran talent! The poignant and funny story of two mismatched
terminally-ill cancer patients deciding to experience their "bucket list" (a list of things to do before you die) is a much-anticipated film for Avon people!
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
JUNO (PG13) WOWSER!! Here is the one that everyone is talking about! JUNO will make you feel GREAT! It's for ALL ages too!
It has been described as "that teenage pregnancy comedy", but it is so much more than that! A fabulous ensemble cast headed by little Ellen Page, and joined by the likes of Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman. This climbed to #2 in the nation last weekend, and boy were we BUSY!! I am predicting it hits #1 this weekend, and, guess what?? YOU CAN ONLY SEE IT AT THE AVON!! Don't be looking for it at the "other guys" 'cause they ain't got it!!
JUNO  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NATIONAL TREASURE 2 (PG13) Here are you last chances to see this huge adventure hit at The Avon! This has it all, folks, great story, big action and the smell of popcorn coming right off the screen (almost). ENDS THURSDAY!!
NATIONAL TREASURE 2 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

AVON FILM CLASSES RESUME SOON!!
AVON THEATRE for Richland Community College
THRILLERS, CRIME & FILM NOIR MOVIES, Part Two - WKS 8665
Sect. 01:  Thurs., Jan. 24 - March 13         Cost:  $80

Place:  Avon Theatre, Downtown Decatur

Instructor:  Skip Huston            Time:  6:30 -  app. 9:00 p.m.

Even back to the very early days of Hollywood, the movie staples were Comedies, Westerns, and .Crime dramas!  Films that thrill us with tales of the dark side of man's nature!  When we last visited this topic, about 2 years ago, we only scratched the surface of what is a veritable "mother lode" of cinema treasures!  This 8-week winter class film-series, will go back to the very early days of film, and move right up to the present with gangsters, killers, thieves and other assorted evil-doers!  As is the case with all of Skip Huston's film classes, you'll see some well-known examples of this genre, and also see some extremely rare ones too!  We never announce the films you will see beforehand!  So, if you like a good murder mystery, or love movies that take you to places you would never want to visit in real life, come and join a group of fellow film lovers for this latest entry in the 6 year-old Richland-at-the-Avon film classes!
"THRILLERS, CRIME and FILM-NOIR MOVIES: Part Two" Starts Thursday, Jan. 24th @ 6:30 PM!!

AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES, Part One - WKS 8683

Sect. 01:  Thurs., March 27 - May 15         Time:  6:30 - app. 9:00 p.m.

Instructor:  Skip Huston       Cost:  $80       Location:  Avon Theatre

Avon Theatre owner and film historian, Skip Huston, has created another film screening & discussion series that should please all who have discovered his film classes over these past 6 years!

"Americana at the Movies--Pt.1" is an "open-ended" series much like the "Overlooked Films" classes that Huston has presented every Summer for the past 5 years.

 "Americana at the Movies--Pt 1" will examine every aspect of the American experience. The films will include movies of small towns, and large cities; movies about our loves, fads, fashions and conflicts since our country was born.

As is always the case with Huston's Richland-at-the-Avon film classes, some of the movies screened and discussed will be well-known, and some will be rarities that are never seen any longer! The films to be shown are never announced beforehand, as that has always been a rule with Huston's classes.

You will see and discuss with fellow movie lovers from all walks of life a veritable history of America told through the greatest artistic achievement mankind has produced: The Movies!

There will be comedies, dramas, thrillers and historical epics all included in this first entry of what promises to be another hit series in the Avon Theatre film class:
 "AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES--Part One" Starts Thursday, March 27th @ 6:30 PM!!

Come See Me Soon, Folks!
You need to see JUNO, and you can ONLY see it at THE AVON!!!