[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--Aug. 22nd

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Aug 20 17:20:16 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 22nd thru THURSDAY, AUG. 28th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: BRIDESHEAD REVISITED (PG13) ("Avon Movies" RETURN!!)

CONTINUING: TROPIC THUNDER (R) (#1 Movie in America!)
                  Star Wars: THE CLONE WARS (PG) (ENDS SOON!)
COMING SOON:
8/29: HENRY POOLE IS HERE (PG) Inspirational Comedy for all ages! Luke Wilson stars.
8/29: What else will we do for Labor Day, hmmmmm? Stay tuned!
9/12: THE WOMEN (PG13) Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Debra Messmore and more, more, more!
9/12: RIGHTEOUS KILL (R) Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro are cops TOGETHER!!!
BRIDESHEAD REVISITED  (PG13) Here is a movie for those of you who have asked me all summer long:
 "Where are the 'Avon Movies'?"
Now, to be sure, it is very flattering to have a subtext of films that are described as "Avon Movies", but, in the summer onslaught of popcorn pictures, there just aren't that many around! (and, we are lucky enough to be able to play those self-same popcorn pictures that help pay the bills anyway!)---Anyway, it is the end of summer and here comes a prototypical "Avon Movie!".
>From the beloved Evelyn Waugh novel of the same name. This is a highly-rated production starring Emma Thompson and a host of other fine British actors. I hope you will come out and support this! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
BRIDESHEAD REVISITED  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TROPIC THUNDER  (R) This loud and wild R-rated comedy will have you laughing at the same time as you are wondering if you are offended! Comedy superstars BEN STILLER and JACK BLACK team with Oscar-worthy ROBERT DOWNEY, Jr., and NICK NOLTE, TOM CRUISE and some other surprises, for a subversive film that made it to the #1 spot in the nation last weekend.
Be advised: This is not for everyone. The language is very rough, and some of the humor downright raunchy, but...
If you are looking for some belly laughs, and a view of TOM CRUISE as you have never seen him before, this is for you!
TROPIC THUNDER  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Star Wars: THE CLONE WARS (PG) This time the chapter in the saga of a galaxy far, far away, is animated. Suitable for all the kids. ENDS VERY SOON!!
Star Wars: THE CLONE WARS (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
It seems that summer just got here, and already it is over!
Summer's end also marks my birthday (Aug. 28th), and it will be good to turn 39 again.

Labor Day is just around the corner, and my new Fall film classes will begin on September 11th...

Soon it will be Halloween.
Then Thanksgiving.
Then Christmas.
-And we will all be freezing our fannys off!

Honestly, the only good thing about Winter is when it is over, Spring and Summer arrive again!

There is a whole bunch of great movies coming for Fall and Winter, and that is some consolation.

I usually say "Come See Me This Weekend!", but my wonderful wife, Susan, has arranged for me to have
the weekend off as one of my birthday gifts!

As many of you know, I am not so regularly at the theater on weeknights, but...
I am ALWAYS there on weekends!
In fact, I haven't had a full weekend off in over 9 years!!!

-So, for those of you who can't stand the sight of me, this is your chance to come to the Avon!

For the rest of you, I will say:

Come See Sue and Ashley and the Staff this weekend!!
They'll Be Looking for YOU!!
-Skip Huston
P.S. I am thinking about showing the "Our Decatur-1955" movie  once-only for FREE on Labor Day weekend. We haven't done this in 2 years, and I think it is about time!
What do you think?