[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jun 14 16:50:28 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 15th thru THURSDAY, JUNE 21st ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
FANTASTIC FOUR-Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG)
CONTINUING:
OCEAN'S 13 (PG13)
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 (PG13)
COMING NEXT WEEK:
EVAN ALMIGHTY (PG)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for:
*Lobby Staff
*Lobby Supervisors
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 18 years of age, but will consider
a young as 16.
FANTASTIC FOUR--Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG) FROM TODAY'S REVIEW IN VARIETY: At a time when tortured superheroes like Spider-Man, Superman and Batman would benefit from some serious psychotherapy, it's almost refreshing to see a comic book caper as blithe, weightless and cheerfully dumb as "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." Faithfully mining one of the Marvel franchise's more intriguing mythologies, the sequel proves every bit as fun as its predecessor, with several tons more poundage in the f/x department. Original grossed a surprising $330 million worldwide, and "Silver Surfer" should ride a heady wave of fan nostalgia and an audience-friendly PG rating to similarly golden returns.
Ok, folks, so you know what this is and what this is not! Fun, fun, fun with eye-popping special effects, and suitable for the entire family! Don't look for any world-changing after-effects, but just grab a bucket o'corn( dripping with real butter) and ENJOY!!
FANTASTIC FOUR-Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
OCEAN'S 13 (PG13) If Sinatra and Dean Martin "defined" the art of "cool" with the original "Rat Pack", George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and the rest of these guys have "REFINED" that art in their new, modern day version of the "Rat Pack"!!  If you love "caper movies" (and who doesn't like a good heist every once in a while?) this is for YOU!

OCEAN'S 13 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN--At World's End (PG13) If you are still on the fence about seeing this one, you better get movin' fast! This is its final week, and you don't want to miss this for the sheer outrageous spectacle of it alone!! Trust me, after seeing this one, you'll be impatient with the scalawags and scurvy dogs in your life, and want to make them all walk the plank!!!
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN-At World's End (PG13)

(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:45) - 6:45
MON thru THURS: 6:40 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
A Note from Skip:
Folks, what makes The Avon Theater 3 the all-around better movie-going experience than those "other guys"??
Well, for one it is that we are LOCALLY-OWNED & OPERATED!
That means, among other things, that management, to wit; THE OWNER, is always there monitoring your enjoyment!

If there is ever an instance that interferes with your movie experience, whether it be an obnoxious talker in the audience, to your not receiving what you think is the standard of excellence I have set for customer service from my staff, ALWAYS LET ME KNOW!! Because: I WANT TO HEAR THESE THINGS!

We can't always be in every show (but we do try to be) and we can't be at every transaction at our concession counters (but, we are usually listening), but I think many of you know me well enough by now to know what I expect out of the people who work the counters for me...
If you experience something that upsets you, don't wait, find me immediately!

If you have ever experienced some of the horrid stories we hear about the "other guys", you know how hard it is to find anyone to help you when something goes wrong...

That ain't the case with us, folks!

Come See Me Soon!!
Skip Huston