[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Tue Jun 19 12:11:59 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 22nd thru THURSDAY, JUNE 28th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
EVAN ALMIGHTY (PG) Starring Steve Carell & Morgan Freeman
WAITRESS (PG13) Starring Keri Russell

CONTINUING:
FANTASTIC FOUR: Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG)

COMING NEXT WEEK:
DIE HARD 4: Live Free or Die Hard (PG13) Starring Bruce Willis (who else?)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE & FALL openings for:
*Lobby Staff
*Lobby Supervisors
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 18 years of age, but will consider
a young as 16.
EVAN ALMIGHTY (PG) For the many of you who enjoyed BRUCE ALMIGHTY, and, to go even further back, for those of you who found profundities in the OH, GOD movies, this is the perfect family movie! A family-friendly "PG" marks the spot of a gentle and sometimes outrageously funny comedy about a modern-day Noah's Ark. Steve Carell has made a career out of portraying simple characters in awkward situations, and this is certainly no exception! And, to take it even further: Morgan Freeman as God?? Yes, it works!!

EVAN ALMIGHTY (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
********************************
WAITRESS (PG13) Ok, all of you who have been clamoring for us to show this...HERE IT IS!! Our film buyer, Howard, jumped through major hoops of fire to get this one to you as soon as possible...He risked life and limb, and all because we wanted to make sure the "art & indy" Avon crowd was happy! So, SHOW US!! I know you have been sitting at home waiting for the Summer sequels and quasi-blockbusters to end, well, here is your chance to see the indy hit of the year!! TV's darling Keri Russell joins with Andy Griffith (yup, ya' hear that right) and so many talented others. This is a LIMITED ENGAGEMENT, so procrastination will not be very wise here!!

WAITRESS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
***************************************
FANTASTIC FOUR--Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG) Talk about a family fun movie! This is not like the "superhero" flicks of the past several months in that it doesn't take itself seriously, and is just plain FUN! There is a good reason it is the number one movie in America this week! Come find out soon, because it ENDS THURSDAY!!
FANTASTIC FOUR-Rise of the Silver Surfer (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Congrats to staffer Brian Harden for his promotion to "Lobby Supervisor" at The Avon.
Brian has proven himself excellent at courteous customer service, and his abilities to properly train our staff are incomparable.
Brian is an exemplary Millikin Theater student, and hails from Texas. He heads for New York City as soon as he graduates, but The Avon is fortunate to have him until then!
Come See Me Soon, Folks!
The Hits Just Keep a'Comin' to THE AVON!!!
Skip Huston