[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--Dec.14th

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Dec 12 12:25:30 CST 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 14th  thru THURSDAY, DEC. 20th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
I AM LEGEND (PG13) Will Smith is the Last Man on Earth but He is NOT Alone!!
INTO THE WILD (R) One of the most highly-acclaimed films of the year!! All-Star Cast!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
ENCHANTED (PG) Disney's New Holiday Classic!!  ENDS SOON!!

SPECIAL EVENT:
FREE HOLIDAY MOVIE THURSDAY at 7:00 PM ONLY!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!
James Stewart - Donna Reed
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (G)

COMING NEXT WEEK:
NATIONAL TREASURE 2--THE BOOK OF SECRETS (PG)
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R) Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts!!
HOLIDAY GREETINGS TO ALL!!
Many of you "Avon Veterans" will remember the Holiday
Greeting at the link below, and will be happy we have
sent it again after all these years!!
The truth is: We misplaced it somewhere, and have never
been able to locate it again!
Thanks to our Film Booker, Howard, Here It Is!!
Just Click on the Link Below>>>>>>>>
http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf
(by the way, it's "The Drifters" singing)
***************************************
GIFT CERTIFICATES AT THE AVON!!
"Gifties" come in three denominations, $5, $10 & $20 and
NEVER EXPIRE, and are ALWAYS good for the ENTIRE amount!
PLUS, they can be used for admissions AND snack bar items!!
THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT!!
Get 'em at our box-offices!!
(And don't forget our 10-Movie Season Passes! What a great
gift those are!)
NOTE: If You Need Gift Certificates or Season Passes when we
are not normally open, Call Sue at 519-4157 , and she
will arrange to meet you at the Theater!!

RAISING ADMISSION PRICES???
YES, the local Carmike theaters, Hickory Point
and the Strand have recently RAISED
their ticket prices!!
BUT, unlike those "other guys", WE have NOT
raised our prices, and we do not intend to raise
them any time soon!
So, who loves ya', huh?? :-)
(Just another reason to always make the Avon your choice!)
I AM LEGEND (PG13) This classic Richard Matheson tale has been filmed twice before.... The first was in 1964 with Vincent Price and was called "The Last Man on Earth", and the second was in 1971 with Charlton Heston as "The Omega Man". This latest incarnation starring Will Smith just goes to prove that a good story can never be overused! Personally, as a real fan of the Matheson book, I was always a little dissatisfied with both of the previous versions, but I have heard they got it right this time!
I AM LEGEND  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
INTO THE WILD (R) We were supposed to play this back in September, but "politics" and whatnot prevented it. It's just as well, because now it leads the pack for the Critic's Choice Awards just announced! From the well-known book of the same title, this boasts an incredible cast including Hal Holbrook (who is said to be a favorite for Oscar nomination), Vince Vaughn, Marcia Gay Harden (Oscar winner) and William Hurt (another Oscar winner)---PLUS, it is Directed by Oscar-Winner Sean Penn!! This true story of a young man who chucks it all and heads into the wilderness will haunt you forever!
NOTE: ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

INTO THE WILD (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ENCHANTED (PG) If you haven't seen this at least once by now, chances are you don't think you are going to like it! How wrong you are! This may be the best true "Holiday" movie we get this year, and, as such, is a marvel of entertainment! This song-filled romantic comedy is good for all ages, and will make you feel like a million dollars! ENDS SOON!! VERY SOON!!
ENCHANTED (PG)

(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think you are reading this in time to talk about THIS WEEK'S  FREE HOLIDAY MOVIES ON THURSDAY at 7:00 PM, so bring every kid you can borrow or rent to see FROSTY THE SNOWMAN and A CHRISTMAS CAROL at 7:00 PM THURSDAY, Dec. 13th at 7:00 PM for FREEEEEEEEE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
And, what about NEXT THURSDAY'S FREE HOLIDAY MOVIES??
JOIN US FOR THE PERENNIAL CLASSIC "It's A Wonderful Life" with James Stewart and Donna Reed! A rare chance to see this gem on a big theater screen!! That's THURSDAY, Dec. 20th at 7:00 PM for FREEEEEEEE!!
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
I want to thank all of you voting for us on the Herald & Review's Reader's Choice poll. I know it was a bit time consuming to come up with a minimum of 40 category answers, and I do appreciate it.

If you still have not done it, I think it may be too late, but you might try to click this link and see...
(http://www.herald-review.com/readerschoice/).

There is nothing more rewarding than an accolade from our patrons that shows we are doing the right thing!

We will know the results on the 20th, and, even if there is a horrendous miscarriage of justice and one of the "other guys" beats us this time, I still thank all of you for your support!

Come See Me Soon!!
I'm Waiting for You!!
-Skip