[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS 12/20

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Dec 20 15:03:22 CST 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 21st  thru THURSDAY, DEC. 27th ONLY!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEWS FLASH!!     STOP THE PRESSES!!!
The Avon Theatre has placed #1 in the Herald & Review's
"Best of Decatur" "Best Movie Theater" Reader's Choice Poll!
Out of THOUSANDS of entries, THE AVON won by a landslide!!
Thanks, and God Bless ALL of YOU!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OPENING FRIDAY:
NATIONAL TREASURE 2:Book of Secrets (PG) Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight and the whole gang!
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R) Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts!!

CONTINUING:
I AM LEGEND (PG13) Will Smith and a cool doggie

SPECIAL EVENT:
NEW YEAR'S EVE:
Our Traditional Showing of
Andrew Lloyd Webber's Musical Masterwork
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (PG13)
Short Subjects! Prizes! Hoop-de-doo!
Festivities start at 9:00 PM
The Movie itself app. 9:30 PM

***************************************

GIFT CERTIFICATES AT THE AVON!!
Gifties come in three denominations, $5, $10 & $20 and
NEVER EXPIRE, and are ALWAYS good for the ENTIRE amount!
PLUS, they can be used for admissions AND snack bar items!!
THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT!!
Get 'em at our box-offices!!
(And don't forget our 10-Movie Season Passes! What a great
gift those are!)
NOTICE: We will have a short day on Christmas Eve
with only ONE afternoon "bargain matinee" set of shows!
BUT, we will be there ALL DAY on Christmas Day!!
NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS (PG) Ok, here we go! Here is the BIGGEST movie of the Christmas season and, maybe the BIGGEST movie of the YEAR!! Nicolas Cage and the whole gang from the first one return for another utterly preposterous romp! The first movie made a whole lot of people happy, and a whole lot of critics angry! It was the movie that first pointed out how hopelessly out-of-touch most film critics are! If you go to the movies to be entertained, well, HERE IT IS!! Great fun for the whole family!!
NATIONAL TREASURE 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:15)
SAT & SUN: (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
MON (Christmas Eve): (1:00 Only)
TUES: (Christmas Day): (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
WED & THURS: (4:00) - 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R) All I have to say is TOM HANKS and JULIA ROBERTS, and that should be enough for you to put those hush-puppies in gear and hotfoot it to The Avon!! This is based on a book that, in turn, was based on a true story! It really is one of those "truth is stranger than fiction" stories! And, if those two huge stars are not enough, we also have Oscar winner Phillip Seymour Hoffman along as a rather shady CIA agent! (Is there any other kind?) This is perfect for the "Avon" crowd!!

CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON (Christmas Eve): (2:00 Only)
TUES: (Christmas Day): (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
WED & THURS: (5:00) - 8:00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I AM LEGEND (PG13) Will Smith is the last man on earth, but he is NOT alone! Great line, huh? I remember reading Richard Matheson's book back in the late 1950's and it scaring the beejeezus out of me! It was filmed twice before, but this is the first time using its original title. This is currently the #1 movie in America, and a scary, yet fun, holiday treat!
I AM LEGEND (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON (Christmas Eve): (2:15 Only)
TUES: (Christmas Day): (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
WED & THURS: (5:15) - 8:15
The Huston family wishes ALL of you a wonderful and memorable Holiday Season!
This is the time to try and put your worries aside and simply enjoy the love of your
friends and family.

My still sharp-as-a-tack 81 year-old Mom tells me this:
"Be sure to treat all of your loved ones as if the last time you see them, really IS
the last time you see them!"

Our lives are such a fragile and divine moment, and we are all just trying to do
the best we can...
I know my life has been enriched by having the pleasure to bring you so much fun
and entertainment these past 9 years!

May almighty God grant we are all still together for many years to come!!

Here's a Holiday Toast to YOU!!

Skip & Susan Huston
...and the WHOLE Avon Theatre family!
Chris, Troy, Eddie, Ashley, Howard, Brian, Whitney, Hannah,
Mary, Chuck, Doug, Orrin, Molly, Jill, Annemarie, Jennifer, Sara, Jason, Brianna -and......
                             Melissa, Ryan & Lily Belle Rinchiuso!