[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--NOVEMBER 22nd, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 20 17:51:33 EST 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 22nd thru THURSDAY, NOV. 28th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES
IRISHMANtimes.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
VERY, VERY, VERY LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!!
THIS IS THE ONE!!!

ROBERT De NIRO - AL PACINO - JOE PESCI
*A MARTIN SCORSESE FILM*

irishman.JPG

THE IRISHMAN (R)

This biographical crime thriller follows Frank Sheeran (Robert De Niro) as
he recalls his past years working for the Bufalino crime family. Now older,
the WWII veteran once again reflects on his most prolific hits and, in
particular, considers his involvement with his good friend Jimmy Hoffa's
disappearance in 1975.

An epic gangster drama that earns its extended runtime, The Irishman finds
Martin Scorsese revisiting familiar themes to poignant, funny, and profound
effect.

THE IRISHMAN (R)

FRI, Nov. 22nd & SAT, Nov. 23rd: 7:00pm ONLY!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FROM DISNEY!!
RETURN TO FAMILY ENCHANTMENT!!
frozen_two_ver16.JPG
FROZEN II (PG)
Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and
threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she'll
set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In "Frozen," Elsa feared her
powers were too much for the world. In "Frozen 2," she must hope they are
enough.
FROZEN II (PG)
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30

THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (3:30) - 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++
ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST!!
ford_v_ferrari.JPG
FORD v FERRARI (PG13)
Academy Award-winners Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in FORD v FERRARI,
based on the remarkable true story of the visionary American car designer
Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles
(Bale), who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics,
and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford
Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24
Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

FORDredo.PNG
FORD v FERRARI (PG13)
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30

THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (3:00) - 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++
PERFECT FOR THE "AVON CROWD"

GOODLIARredo.PNG

THE GOOD LIAR (R)

Career con man Roy (Ian McKellen) sets his sights on his latest mark:
recently widowed Betty (Helen Mirren), worth millions. And he means to take
it all. But as the two draw closer, what should have been another simple
swindle takes on the ultimate stakes. Legendary actors Mirren and McKellen
star together on screen for the first time in this suspenseful drama about
the secrets people keep and the lies they live.

THE GOOD LIAR (R)
FRI: (5:00)
SAT: (2:00) - (5:00)
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15

THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (4:15) - 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skippy 2nd Grade.bmpSKIPPY2016.JPG
      Skip Huston
Don't even try to ask me what alchemy was involved to secure the Avon a VERY
limited engagement of THE IRISHMAN!
When you see there are hardly any other theaters playing it, you might start
to realize there are massive studio politics involved in this.
Let me say this right now: THE IRISHMAN will win the BEST PICTURE OSCAR this
year!
But, in doing so, it will be a major game-changer for the movie industry.
ALL of the major theater chains have boycotted it because of their refusal
to accept THE IRISHMAN's studio policies.
Y'see: THE IRISHMAN is a Netflix movie, and Netflix will not give more than
about a 3 week theatrical window before it goes on its streaming service.
The major theater chains will not tolerate this. Netflix couldn't care less.

All of the many, many critics who have raved about it have said "Try to see
it in a theater".

So, I thought "Why not give it a couple days chance for The Avon to show
it?"
And, that is why it's not playing anywhere else (practically) and why we
only have it for TWO DAYS, TWO SHOWS!!

I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new movie.
I will be in the audience either Friday or Saturday (maybe both) and I hope
I will see many of YOU as well!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston