[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--NOVEMBER 8th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 6 19:09:32 EST 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 8th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 14th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES
DOCTORtimes.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
PREMIERES THURSDAY, NOV. 7th 7:00 PM!!
STEPHEN KING RETURNS TO "THE SHINING"!!
DOCSLEEP.JPG
STEPHEN KING'S DOCTOR SLEEP (R)
"Doctor Sleep" is the continuation of Danny Torrance's story 40 years after
the terrifying events of Stephen King's The Shining. Still irrevocably
scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance
has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when
he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory
gift, known as the "shine." Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her
power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless
Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of
innocents in their quest for immortality. Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan
and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death struggle.
doctor_sleep_ver2.JPG

STEPHEN KING'S DOCTOR SLEEP (R)
PREMIERES THURSDAY, NOV. 7th 7:00 PM!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, NOV. 8th!!
SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!!
THE ONE YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT!!
jojo_rabbit_ver2.JPG
JO JO RABBIT(PG13)
Writer director Taika Waititi (THOR: RAGNAROK, HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE),
brings his signature style of humor and pathos to his latest film, JOJO
RABBIT, a World War II satire that follows a lonely German boy (Roman
Griffin Davis as JoJo) whose world view is turned upside down when he
discovers his single mother (Scarlett Johansson) is hiding a young Jewish
girl (Thomasin McKenzie) in their attic. Aided only by his idiotic imaginary
friend, Adolf Hitler (Taika Waititi), Jojo must confront his blind
nationalism.

JO JO RABBIT(PG13)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE BEST TERMINATOR IN YEARS!!
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - LINDA HAMILTON

terminator_dark_fate_ver3.JPG
TERMINATOR: Dark Fate (R)
More than two decades have passed since Sarah Connor prevented Judgment Day,
changed the future, and re-wrote the fate of the human race. Dani Ramos
(Natalia Reyes) is living a simple life in Mexico City with her brother
(Diego Boneta) and father when a highly advanced and deadly new Terminator
-- a Rev-9 (Gabriel Luna) -- travels back through time to hunt and kill her.
Dani's survival depends on her joining forces with two warriors: Grace
(Mackenzie Davis), an enhanced super-soldier from the future, and a
battle-hardened Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton). As the Rev-9 ruthlessly
destroys everything and everyone in its path on the hunt for Dani, the three
are led to a T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from the past.
TERMINATOR: Dark Fate (R)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PREMIERES THURSDAY, NOV. 14th 7:00 PM!!
ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST!!
ford_v_ferrari.JPG
FORD v FERRARI (PG13)
Academy Award-winners Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in FORD v FERRARI,
based on the remarkable true story of the visionary American car designer
Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles
(Bale), who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics,
and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford
Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24
Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

FORDredo.PNG
FORD v FERRARI (PG13)
PREMIERES THURSDAY, NOV. 14th 7:00 PM!!
(Regular Showtimes Announced Next Week)
+++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, NOV. 15th!!
PERFECT FOR THE "AVON CROWD"

GOODLIARredo.PNG

THE GOOD LIAR (R)

Career con man Roy (Ian McKellen) sets his sights on his latest mark:
recently widowed Betty (Helen Mirren), worth millions. And he means to take
it all. But as the two draw closer, what should have been another simple
swindle takes on the ultimate stakes. Legendary actors Mirren and McKellen
star together on screen for the first time in this suspenseful drama about
the secrets people keep and the lies they live.

THE GOOD LIAR (R)

(Regular Showtimes Announced Next Week)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPSUEAUG102013.jpg
Skip & Sue Huston
This Sunday, Nov. 10th, the couple you see in the photo above have been
married 35 years!
I can't believe it.
No, it's not the passage of time that seems remarkable, it is the very fact
that we have stayed together through sickness and in health, just like we
pledged.
And richer or poorer? Don't even get me started.
Notable too, is that 21 of those 35 years have been as the operators of the
Avon Theater.

It was 1984, and a 28 year old blonde Nevada cutie pulled up at my Reno,
Nevada video store looking to buy a VCR (remember those?). She sure looked
the part of a Western gal, driving a beat-up old brown pickup truck with an
ancient and toothless Springer Spaniel riding shotgun. That was Susan.

I spent way too much time selling her that JVC VCR (which is still in a
closet somewhere), because I felt there was 'something' about her.
I'm sure she was only looking for a VCR, but she ended up with much more
than she bargained for!

I'm not worthy of her, and always wonder where my life would have gone
without her by my side.
(And, I often tell her how lucky she was to find me, which always comes with
a major eye-roll from her!)

35 years, and a wonderful daughter, and two marvelous granddaughters.
My cup indeed doth runneth over.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SWEETIE!!
Skip&Sue1984.bmp
1984 JUST MARRIED

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston