[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--AUG. 9th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 7 19:02:03 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 9th thru THURSDAY, AUG. 15th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR ‘QUICK LOOK’ SHOWTIMES!!
DORAtimes (2).PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
HIGH ADVENTURE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!
Nickelodeon’s Dora-The Explorer!!
dora_and_the_lost_city_of_gold_ver3.JPG
DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (PG)
Having spent most of her life exploring the jungle with her parents, nothing
could prepare Dora (Isabela Moner) for her most dangerous adventure ever --
High School. Always the explorer, Dora quickly finds herself leading Boots
(her best friend, a monkey), Diego (Jeffrey Wahlberg), a mysterious jungle
inhabitant (Eugenio Derbez), and a rag tag group of teens on a live-action
adventure to save her parents (Eva Longoria, Michael Peña) and solve the
impossible mystery behind a lost city of gold.

DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (PG)
FRI: (4:00) –7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) – (4:00) -7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!
lion_king_ver2.JPG
THE LION KING (PG)
>From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau's all-new "The Lion King"
journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes
his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not
everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's
brother-and former heir to the throne-has plans of his own. The battle for
Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting
in Simba's exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba
will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

THE LION KING (PG)
lion_king.JPG

THE LION KING (PG)
FRI: (5:00) -8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON & TUES: 7:15 (ENDS TUESDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++
SEE IT AT THE AVON!!
---And, its worth seeing again!!
yesterday.JPG
YESTERDAY (PG13)
Jack Malik (Himesh Patel, BBC's Eastenders) is a struggling
singer-songwriter in a tiny English seaside town whose dreams of fame are
rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood
best friend, Ellie (Lily James, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again). Then, after a
freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to
discover that The Beatles have never existed... and he finds himself with a
very complicated problem, indeed.

YESTERDAY (PG13)
FRI: (5:00) –8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) -8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
++++++++++++++++++
STARTS WEDNESDAY!!
A GREAT “FEEL GOOD” MOVIE!!
blinded_by_the_light_ver2.JPG
BLINDED BY THE LIGHT (PG13)
1987. When music fanatic Javed discovers the illustrious back catalogue of
The Boss his world is turned upside down; already a creative soul his
passion for music and writing is set alight by the songs of the
working-class poet, whose lyrics feel all too familiar to the aspirational
teenager. Yearning to escape his rundown hometown and the rules of his
traditional Pakistani household, Javed finds himself caught in between two
worlds and must discover if he too is Born to Run...
Critics Consensus

Like a life-affirming rock anthem, Blinded by the Light hits familiar chords
with confidence and flair, building to a conclusion that leaves audiences
cheering for an encore.
BLINDED BY THE LIGHT (PG13)
WED & THURS: 7:15
(NEXT WEEK’s SHOWTIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
Skip Huston

AUGUST

Decatur Celebration is over for another year.

The kids go back to school in about a week.
Summer will start to wane in about 6 weeks or less.
My birthday is on the 28th, and I’m real nervous about turning 40.

I wrote & recorded a song in 1974 about the end of summer.
It was called “Summer is Fading”, and I dig out the record every year about
this time.

But, before I start to wax really melancholy, this Fall has some great
promise to it!
In efforts to try and make the movie business less of a seasonal one, the
studios are spreading out their prime releases all year long.

It used to be that you should be wary of any September release, but not this
year!
Those of you who are familiar with the upcoming movies know exactly what I
mean

The rest of you will find out very soon!

LOTS of good movies coming!!
(And one of them is this week’s BLINDED BY THE LIGHT. It’ll make you feel so
good!)

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston