[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS-OCT. 12th, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 10 18:25:50 EDT 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 12th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 18th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
REVISEDFIRSTtimes.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST!!
star_is_born_ver4.JPG
A STAR IS BORN (R)
In this new take on the tragic love story, Bradley Cooper plays seasoned
musician Jackson Maine, who discovers--and falls in love with--struggling
artist Ally (Gaga). She has just about given up on her dream to make it big
as a singer... until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's
career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down,
as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.
Critics Consensus: With appealing leads, deft direction, and an affecting
love story, A Star Is Born is a remake done right -- and a reminder that
some stories can be just as effective in the retelling.
star_is_born_ver2.JPGstar_is_born_ver3.JPG

A STAR IS BORN (R)
FRI: (3:45) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (12:30) - (3:45) -7:00
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++

STARTS FRIDAY, OCT. 12th!
ANOTHER ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST!!
first_man_ver6.JPG
FIRST MAN (PG13)
On the heels of their six-time Academy Award (R)-winning smash, La La Land,
Oscar (R)-winning director Damien Chazelle and star Ryan Gosling reteam for
Universal Pictures' First Man, the riveting story of NASA's mission to land
a man on the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the years 1961-1969. A
visceral, first-person account, based on the book by James R. Hansen, the
movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost on Armstrong and on the
nation of one of the most dangerous missions in history.

Critics Consensus: First Man uses a personal focus to fuel a look back at a
pivotal moment in human history - and takes audiences on a soaring dramatic
journey along the way.

FIRST MAN (PG13)
FRI: (3:45) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (12:30) - (3:45) -7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRI, OCT. 12th!!
A Really Unique Mystery/Thriller!
bad_times_at_the_el_royale_ver18.JPG
BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE (R)
Seven strangers, each with a secret to bury, meet at Lake Tahoe's El Royale,
a rundown hotel with a dark past. Over the course of one fateful night,
everyone will have a last shot at redemption... before everything goes to
hell. Jeff Bridges, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson and Cynthia
Erivo lead an all-star cast in BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE.
Critics Consensus: Smart, stylish, and packed with solid performances, Bad
Times at the El Royale delivers pure popcorn fun with the salty tang of
social subtext

BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE (R)
FRI: (4:45) - 8:00
SAT: (1:30) - (4:45) -8:00
++++++++++++++++++++++
COMING SOON!!
(Date Not Set Yet)
OLDMANANDGUN1.png
THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN (PG13)
THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN is based on the true story of Forrest Tucker (Robert
Redford), from his audacious escape from San Quentin at the age of 70 to an
unprecedented string of heists that confounded authorities and enchanted the
public. Wrapped up in the pursuit are detective John Hunt (Casey Affleck),
who becomes captivated with Forrest's commitment to his craft, and a woman
(Sissy Spacek), who loves him in spite of his chosen profession.

Critics Consensus: A well-told story brought to life by a beautifully
matched cast, The Old Man & the Gun is pure, easygoing entertainment for
film fans - and a fitting farewell to a legend.

THE OLD MAN AND THE GUN (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++++
SKIP&SUE.bmp
Skip & Sue Huston
There is a bunch of things to rant, rave & ramble about this week!
What a line-up of movies we have!
And more to come!!
Plus our annual costume bash THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW on our stage and
on our screen (The Millikin Shadow Cast appears once again on our stage with
the movie).
It's Oct. 19th and 20th at MIDNIGHT! All tickets $10 (No Passes, Please!)
++++++++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!
THEKID.bmp
On Nov. 3rd, the MDSO (Millikin-Decatur Symphony Orchestra) in partnership
with the Avon, brings you an unforgettable experience! See Charlie Chaplin's
silent 1921 masterpiece THE KID with LIVE accompaniment by the MDSO with
Maestro Sergey Bogza conducting.
There will be TWO shows on Sat., Nov. 3rd. One at 2:00 and the other at 7:30

Contact the Millikin Kirkland box office for tickets.

Tickets are NOT available through the Avon.

All we can say is: WOW!
If you were lucky enough to see the previous two Avon/MDSO shows, you know
what a once-in-a-lifetime experience this will be!! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for ALMOST 102 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston