[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS, SEPT. 23rd, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Sep 21 16:31:32 EDT 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 23rd thru THURSDAY, SEPT. 29th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Sept. 23rd thru Thurs, Sept. 29th ONLY!!
SHOWZ.bmp
AN AVON DISCOVERY!!
Edge-of-your-seat crime thriller!!
blood_father_ver4.jpg
.BLOOD FATHER (R)  88 Thrilling Minutes
BLOOD FATHER stars Mel Gibson as Link, an ex-convict who fights to protect
his estranged daughter from the drug cartel that is hunting her down. In
this thrilling action film, John must use his connections from his past life
and his skills as an ex-criminal to keep him and his daughter alive. BLOOD
FATHER also stars Erin Moriarty, Diego Luna, Michael Parks, and William H.
Macy.

Critics Consensus: Blood Father meets every expectation a film fan could
have for a latter-day Mel Gibson action thriller with its title -- and even,
in some respects, handily exceeds them.

BLOOD FATHER (R)
MON & TUES: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++
SULLYposterB.jpg
SULLY (PG13)  96 Incredible Minutes!
Tom Hanks stars in this thrilling portrait of heroic airline pilot Chesley
"Sully" Sullenberger, re-enacting his incredible successful emergency
landing of an Airbus A320 full of passengers on the Hudson River. Directed
by Clint Eastwood.

As comfortingly workmanlike as its protagonist, Sully makes solid use of
typically superlative work from its star and director to deliver a quietly
stirring tribute to an everyday hero.

SULLY (PG13)
+++++++++++++++++
storks_ver11.jpg
STORKS (PG)  87 Family Fun Minutes
In this animated children's fantasy, two storks (voiced by Kelsey Grammer
and Andy Samberg) reveal the truth about their job delivering babies to new
parents.
STORKS (PG)
FRI: (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
*NO Extra 3D Charges!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
The Head Honcho
I made a big re-discovery at a private screening last week!
I remembered what a great screen presence and actor MEL GIBSON is!
His latest film, BLOOD FATHER has been unfairly given a short shrift in the
theatrical release.

Yes, he messed up very publically quite a few years ago.
But, at what point are we ready to move on and remember what a dynamic actor
and filmmaker he has always been?

This is the guy who made BRAVEHEART!
This is the guy who produced and directed THE PASSION!
This is the guy who has a LONG career to his credit, with many, many
wonderful movies!
Remember THE PATRIOT?
Remember WE WERE SOLDIERS?
Remember the LETHAL WEAPON movies?
And the list goes on and on.
Now, I took the challenge of bringing what I think is a terrific action
crime thriller to the Avon:
His new movie: BLOOD FATHER.
Give him an chance and see if he has the old fire still in him!

I'll tell you this much: The vast majority of the reviews have been GREAT!
But, it takes YOU to come see for yourself!

And, by the way, Mel will be in the movie news again very soon with his
produced and directed HACKSAW RIDGE.
A stranger-than-fiction patriotic WWII saga that may make everyone forget
everything about his scandal!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
BOTH START THURS, SEPT. 29th at 7:00 PM!!
Check our FaceBook page next week for Special Premiere Pricing!
DEEPbanner.jpg
-AND-
MISSPbanner.jpg