[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS, Sept. 30th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue Sep 27 18:08:05 EDT 2016

BOTH START THURS, SEPT. 29th at 7:00 PM!!
    ALL PREMIERE TICKETS ONLY $5.00!!
DEEPbanner.jpgMISSPbanner.jpg
DEEPWATER HORIZON            MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 30th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 6th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Sept. 30th thru Thurs, Oct. 6th ONLY!!
ShowsSeptOct.bmp
DEEPposter2.jpg
.DEEPWATER HORIZON (PG13)  107 Thrilling Minutes
On April 20th, 2010, one of the world's largest man-made disasters occurred
on the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico. Directed by Peter Berg (Lone
Survivor), this story honors the brave men and women whose heroism would
save many on board, and change everyone's lives forever.

Critics Consensus: Deepwater Horizon makes effective use of its titular
man-made disaster to deliver an uncommonly serious -- yet still suitably
gripping -- action thriller.

DEEPWATER HORIZON (PG13)
+++++++++++++++++
MISSPposter3.jpg
MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN (PG13)  127 Incredible Minutes!
>From visionary director Tim Burton, and based upon the best-selling novel,
comes an unforgettable motion picture experience. When Jake discovers clues
to a mystery that spans different worlds and times, he finds a magical place
known as Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the mystery and
danger deepen as he gets to know the residents and learns about their
special powers...and their powerful enemies. Ultimately, Jake discovers that
only his own special "peculiarity" can save his new friends.

MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN (PG13)
FRI: (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*No Extra 3D Charges!!
+++++++++++++++++
storks_ver11.jpg
STORKS (PG)  87 Family Fun Minutes
In this animated children's fantasy, two storks (voiced by Kelsey Grammer
and Andy Samberg) reveal the truth about their job delivering babies to new
parents.
STORKS (PG)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
The Head Honcho
With all the hoop-de-doo about this being The Avon's 100th year, and this
also marking the 18th year my family and I have operated the theater, there
is another important anniversary coming up that gets frequently overlooked.
On Oct. 1st, the Avon Twins annex addition is 12 years old!
(And, there are still so many who don't even know it's there! They'll come
in and look around and say something like "This is nice! When did you do
this?".uh, 12 years ago!!)

It seems like only yesterday when the space the Twins occupy was the City
Plaza Ballroom, and before that was J.C. Penney's!
It took a visionary city administration to see how important it was, not
just for downtown, but for the whole area, to increase the screen count at
the Avon.
It has proven a wonderful thing for these past 12 years! (And provided lots
of jobs!)

Now, downtown is everything I dreamed it could be again.
I remember in 1995 standing on the Lincoln Theater stage at one of the
benefit concerts I co-produced for their restoration, and extolling the
sold-out crowd about the importance of a healthy downtown area.
(At that point, downtown looked like Beirut on a good day!)
I wonder how many remember that?
It doesn't matter, because all I envisioned, and more, has come to pass.
Downtown is a gem.
Over 15 fabulous restaurants, all locally owned, and all superb in their own
way.
As the Avon Theater continues to roll along, so now the Lincoln Theater has
seen sparks of new life.
There is no doubt about it:
God loves downtown Decatur!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
STARTS THURS, OCT. 6th at 7:00 PM!!
GIRL.jpg