[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 4th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 2 18:45:37 EDT 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 4th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 10th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Nov. 4th thru Thurs, Nov. 10th ONLY!!
NOVSHOWEES.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
Whatever you do
DON’T MISS THIS MOVIE!!
INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY OF A WWII AMERICAN HERO!!
hacksaw_ridge_ver2.jpg
HACKSAW RIDGE (R-war violence) 2 hr 19 min
HACKSAW RIDGE is the extraordinary true story of Desmond Doss [Andrew
Garfield] who, in Okinawa during the bloodiest battle of WWII, saved 75 men
without firing or carrying a gun. He was the only American soldier in WWII
to fight on the front lines without a weapon, as he believed that while the
war was justified, killing was nevertheless wrong. As an army medic, he
single-handedly evacuated the wounded from behind enemy lines, braved fire
while tending to soldiers and was wounded by a grenade and hit by snipers.
Doss was the first conscientious objector to ever earn the Congressional
Medal of Honor.

Critics Consensus: Hacksaw Ridge uses a real-life pacifist's legacy to lay
the groundwork for a gripping wartime tribute to faith, valor, and the
courage of remaining true to one's convictions.

HACKSAW RIDGE (R)
FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
doctor_strange_ver2.jpg

DOCTOR STRANGE (PG13)  2 hr 10 min
A disgraced former surgeon named Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
becomes a powerful sorcerer under the tutelage of a mystic known as the
Ancient One (Tilda Swinton). Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, and Chiwetel
Ejiofor co-star in this entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Directed by
Scott Derrickson.

 Critics Consensus: Doctor Strange artfully balances its outré source
material against the blockbuster constraints of the MCU, delivering a
thoroughly entertaining superhero origin story in the bargain.

DOCTOR STRANGE (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) – *7:00 3D
SAT & SUN: (1:00) – (4:00) – *7:00 3D
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
trolls_ver7.jpg
TROLLS (PG)  100 Family Fun Minutes
DreamWorks Animation's TROLLS is an irreverent comedy extravaganza with
incredible music! From the genius creators of SHREK, TROLLS stars Anna
Kendrick as Poppy, the optimistic leader of the Trolls, and her polar
opposite, Branch, played by Justin Timberlake. Together, this unlikely pair
of Trolls must embark on an adventure that takes them far beyond the only
world they've ever known.

Critics Consensus: Trolls brings its instantly recognizable characters to
the big screen in a colorful adventure that, while geared toward the younger
set, isn't without rewards for parents.

TROLLS (PG)
FRI: (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
SAT & SUN: (1:15) – (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skippy.jpg
Skippy P. Huston
Wow! I can’t remember the last time we’ve swept out all three screens, and
opened three BIG new movies all at once!
And, its true we have something for everybody

>From bona fide American WWII heroism in HACKSAW RIDGE, to the wild fantasies
of Marvel’s DOCTOR STRANGE, to all-out family fun with TROLLS. We indeed
have it all!
The holiday movie season is starting, and you will be like a kid in a candy
store with the great stuff we’ve got lined up in the next couple months.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We are starting to plan our 100th Anniversary Party!
It will be on Thursday, Dec. 1st at 7:00 PM, and we don’t have all the
details set yet.
WHAT WE DO NEED IS THIS:
Please drop me a quick email at Skip at theAvon.com and let me know you are out
there!
We haven’t tested the exposure of this newsletter in quite some time.
We know our FaceBook page is incredibly powerful, but we need to hear from
the newsletter people!
The party MAY be “invitation only”, so you really need to drop me a ‘howdy’
if you want to be a part of it.
(Family and staff members, out-of-towners who are too far to attend and film
class students are excluded from contacting me. I know we have your
attention!)

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
AVON STAFF & FAMILY JULY 2016

already missing Summer!!
STAFF2016.JPG