[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---Nov. 11th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 9 18:48:00 EST 2016

SECRET PREMIERE THURS, NOV. 17th!!
STANDARD 2D at 6:30 PM and REALD 3D at 7:00 PM
YOUR CHOICE!!
But
NO extra 3D Charges for our Excellent 3D!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
BEASTSbanner1.jpg

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 11th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 17th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Nov. 11th thru Thurs, Nov. 17th ONLY!!
2016NOV11SHOWS.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
Whatever you do
DON’T MISS THIS MOVIE!!
INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY OF A WWII AMERICAN HERO!!
A FITTING VETERAN’S DAY TRIBUTE!!
hacksaw_ridge_ver2.jpg
HACKSAW RIDGE (R-war violence) 2 hr 19 min
HACKSAW RIDGE is the extraordinary true story of Desmond Doss [Andrew
Garfield] who, in Okinawa during the bloodiest battle of WWII, saved 75 men
without firing or carrying a gun. He was the only American soldier in WWII
to fight on the front lines without a weapon, as he believed that while the
war was justified, killing was nevertheless wrong. As an army medic, he
single-handedly evacuated the wounded from behind enemy lines, braved fire
while tending to soldiers and was wounded by a grenade and hit by snipers.
Doss was the first conscientious objector to ever earn the Congressional
Medal of Honor.

Critics Consensus: Hacksaw Ridge uses a real-life pacifist's legacy to lay
the groundwork for a gripping wartime tribute to faith, valor, and the
courage of remaining true to one's convictions.

HACKSAW RIDGE (R)
FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
doctor_strange_ver2.jpg

DOCTOR STRANGE (PG13)  2 hr 10 min
A disgraced former surgeon named Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
becomes a powerful sorcerer under the tutelage of a mystic known as the
Ancient One (Tilda Swinton). Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, and Chiwetel
Ejiofor co-star in this entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Directed by
Scott Derrickson.

 Critics Consensus: Doctor Strange artfully balances its outré source
material against the blockbuster constraints of the MCU, delivering a
thoroughly entertaining superhero origin story in the bargain.

DOCTOR STRANGE (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) – *7:00 3D
SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) – *7:00 3D
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
trolls_ver7.jpg
TROLLS (PG)  100 Family Fun Minutes
DreamWorks Animation's TROLLS is an irreverent comedy extravaganza with
incredible music! From the genius creators of SHREK, TROLLS stars Anna
Kendrick as Poppy, the optimistic leader of the Trolls, and her polar
opposite, Branch, played by Justin Timberlake. Together, this unlikely pair
of Trolls must embark on an adventure that takes them far beyond the only
world they've ever known.

Critics Consensus: Trolls brings its instantly recognizable characters to
the big screen in a colorful adventure that, while geared toward the younger
set, isn't without rewards for parents.

TROLLS (PG)
FRI: (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
SAT: (1:15) – (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
SUN: (1:15) – (*4:15 3D)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Thanks for all the emails last week telling me that you are out there and
reading this newsletter!
We are still in the planning stages for the 100th Anniversary party, but
PENCIL in Thurs, Dec 1st at 7PM.
It will be INVITATION ONLY, and one of the only places it will be listed for
invites is RIGHT HERE!
Let’s hope it can all be put together by Dec. 1st. If not, we will still
have it at a later date

But, we’re shooting for Dec. 1st.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE:
My dear, wonderful, and incredibly patient wife, Susan and I have been
married 32 years on Thursday, the 10th.
We had a civil ceremony in Reno, Nevada that cost me $35, and look how long
it has lasted!
It goes to show that big fancy weddings are not a guarantee of marital
longevity!

BUT

A couple days ago, she was out doing her regular morning run, and misjudged
a leaf-covered curb, and

She broke her ankle!
Now, she is in a healing boot, and is limited to very minor mobility for 4
to 6 weeks!
For someone like my wife, who can run 5 miles like most of us can walk a
block, this will be a tough chore to keep her down during the recuperation!
Its fortunate she ran her marathon (26.2 miles) a month or so ago, because
she would’ve agonized about missing that!
SO

Here’s to 32 years of togetherness, sweet Sue.
I wish you were not hurt, but I’ll take care of you.
(Our daughter, Melissa Huston-Rinchiuso has been a great help as well. Sue
is so lucky to have us!)

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston