[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JAN. 22nd, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jan 20 13:09:41 EST 2016

 NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 22nd thru THURSDAY, JAN. 28th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Jan. 22nd thru Thurs, Jan. 28th ONLY!!
SHOWSJAN22.JPG

·         ++++++++++++++++++++
GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER!!
“BEST PICTURE” – “BEST ACTOR” – “BEST DIRECTOR”
NOW oscarman.bmp12 OSCAR NOMINATIONS including “Best Picture” & “Best
Actor”!!
REVENANTposterA.jpg
THE REVENANT (R) 156 breath-taking minutes.
Inspired by true events, THE REVENANT captures one man's epic adventure of
survival and the extraordinary power of the human spirit. In an expedition
of the uncharted American wilderness, legendary explorer Hugh Glass
(Leonardo DiCaprio) is brutally attacked by a bear and left for dead by
members of his own hunting team. In a quest to survive, Glass endures
unimaginable grief as well as the betrayal of his confidant John Fitzgerald
(Tom Hardy). Guided by sheer will and the love of his family, Glass must
navigate a vicious winter in a relentless pursuit to live and find
redemption.
à A NOTE FROM SKIP: Folks, don’t miss this rip-roaring adventure still being
shown on Decatur’s biggest screen.
It’s a big movie about huge conflicts, and NEEDS to be seen on as large of
screen as possible!
SOOO, If you’ve been on the fence about seeing it, now the Golden Globe
Awards and the TWELVE Oscar nominations should convince you!
If all of that still doesn’t? WASSAMATTAU??

THE REVENANT (R)
FRI: (3:30) – 7:00
SAT: (12noon) – (3:30) – 7:00
SUN:  (12noon) – (3:30)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30

++++++++++++++++++++
oscarman.bmpNOMINATED FOR 3 OSCARS!
Including “BEST PICTURE” & “BEST ACTRESS”
THE AVON CROWD LOVES THIS MOVIE!!
BROOKLYNquad.jpg
BROOKLYN (PG13)   111 min.
Eilis Lacey followed her sister, Rose's, plan to leave Ireland and find a
better future and job in the US. She departs terribly, enduring seasickness
and a terrible relationship with her cabin mates. A kind traveler gives her
advice to live in Brooklyn, where many Irish immigrants live. Eilis settles
in Brooklyn and becomes close to Father Flood, a Catholic priest. She gets a
job in a department store and falls in love with an Italian boy named Tony.
News from home sends Eilis back to Ireland, away from Tony.
An old-fashion love story that you will long remember! An instant classic!
BROOKLYNposterA.jpgBROOKLYNposterB.jpg
BROOKLYN (PG13)
FRI: (4:30) – 7:30
SAT: (1:30) – (4:30) – 7:30
SUN: (1:30) – (4:30)

MON thru THURS: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++
WILD NEW COMEDY!!
DIRTYGposter.bmp
DIRTY GRANDPA (R)   1 hr 42 min
Jason Kelly [Zac Efron] is one week away from marrying his boss's
uber-controlling daughter, putting him on the fast track for a partnership
at the law firm. However, when the straight-laced Jason is tricked into
driving his foul-mouthed grandfather, Dick [Robert De Niro], to Daytona for
spring break, his pending nuptials are suddenly in jeopardy. Between riotous
frat parties, bar fights, and an epic night of karaoke, Dick is on a quest
to live his life to the fullest and bring Jason along for the ride.
Ultimately, on the wildest journey of their lives, "dirty" Grandpa and his
uptight grandson discover they can learn from one another and form the bond
they never had.

DIRTY GRANDPA (R)
FRI: (4:30) – 7:30
SAT: (1:30) – (4:30) – 7:30
SUN: (1:30) – (4:30)

MON thru THURS: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++

SKIP&SUE.bmp
-Skip and Sue Huston

Still time to enroll in the new film class!!

àSTARTS TOMORROW!! (Thurs, Jan 21st  6:30 PM)ß

“CRIME, COURTROOM & CONSPIRACY MOVIES”

CRIMEflyer.bmp
STARTS: Thursday, Jan. 21st at 6:30 PM
ENDS: Thursday, March 10th at 6:30 PM

·         8 weeks of great newer and older movies for only $80

·         Our screening & discussion classes are now in their 16th year!

·         Enroll NOW in our lobbies, or returning attendees will be emailed
sign-up forms.

·         A great way to ride out the Winter! It will be almost Spring when
the class ends!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOW YOU CAN GET THE AVON’S “Mr. Popcorn” GOURMET CANDY CORNS DELIVERED TO
YOUR HOME!!
 <http://www.avonmrpopcorn.com/> Mr. P logo.bmp
                We started making our own caramel corn and flavored corn in
2006, I instantly fell in love with the creation and cooking of the popcorn.
Countless hours have been spent researching, creating and perfecting these
flavors and nothing is more gratifying then being at the Avon and seeing
people enjoy what I have made.  For the last few years I have wanted to find
a way to get the popcorn to more people but the logistics never worked out.
That was until now and with the introduction of our popcorn subscription
box.  For only $18/month, we will cook, package and ship up to 4 different
flavors to your door. You can either pick a 6 month subscription or go month
to month, the choice is up to you.  Go to www.avonmrpopcorn.com for more
details.
Melissa Rinchiuso
(Popcorn Chef and Skip & Sue’s daughter)

JUST CLICK THE MR. POPCORN LOGO ABOVE AND YOU’LL BE TAKEN RIGHT TO THE NEW
WEBSITE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS FRIDAY, JAN. 29th:
The epic new film about the greatest rescue in Coast Guard history!!
FINESTHOURSposterA.jpg

LOCAL.bmp