[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JAN. 29th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jan 27 14:12:06 EST 2016

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 29th thru THURSDAY, FEB. 4th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Jan. 29th thru Thurs, Feb. 4th ONLY!!

TRUE RESCUE MISSION!!

THE FINEST HOURS (PG13)
FRI: (4:00 3D) - (5:00) - 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (4:00 3D) - (5:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (4:00 3D) - (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15

3 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!
It's ONLY at The Avon!!

BROOKLYN (PG13)

RAUNCHY COMEDY ENDS SOON!!

.         DIRTY GRANDPA  (R)
FRI: 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++
TRUE RESCUE MISSION!!
FINESTHOURSposterA.jpg
THE FINEST HOURS (PG13) 117 breath-taking minutes.
In February of 1952, one of the worst storms to ever hit the East Coast
struck New England, damaging an oil tanker off the coast of Cape Cod and
literally ripping it in half. On a small lifeboat faced with frigid
temperatures and 70-foot high waves, four members of the Coast Guard set out
to rescue the more than 30 stranded sailors trapped aboard the
rapidly-sinking vessel. Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias' book detailing
the daring 1952 Coast Guard rescue off the New England seaboard comes to the
screen in this Disney film produced by Jim Whitaker (Take Me Home Tonight,
The Odd Life of Timothy Green). James Tamasy and Eric Johnson team to pen
the screenplay.
THE FINEST HOURS (PG13)
FRI: (*4:00 3D) - (5:00) - 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (*4:00 3D) - (5:00) - 7:00
SUN: (2:00) - (*4:00 3D) - (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
* NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE FOR OUR EXCELLENT REAL-D 3D!

++++++++++++++++++++
oscarman.bmpNOMINATED FOR 3 OSCARS!
Including "BEST PICTURE" & "BEST ACTRESS"
THE AVON CROWD LOVES THIS MOVIE!!
BROOKLYNquad.jpg
BROOKLYN (PG13)   111 min.
Eilis Lacey followed her sister, Rose's, plan to leave Ireland and find a
better future and job in the US. She departs terribly, enduring seasickness
and a terrible relationship with her cabin mates. A kind traveler gives her
advice to live in Brooklyn, where many Irish immigrants live. Eilis settles
in Brooklyn and becomes close to Father Flood, a Catholic priest. She gets a
job in a department store and falls in love with an Italian boy named Tony.
News from home sends Eilis back to Ireland, away from Tony.
An old-fashion love story that you will long remember! An instant classic!
BROOKLYNposterA.jpgBROOKLYNposterB.jpg
BROOKLYN (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++++
WILD NEW COMEDY!!
DIRTYGposter.bmp
DIRTY GRANDPA (R)   1 hr 42 min
Jason Kelly [Zac Efron] is one week away from marrying his boss's
uber-controlling daughter, putting him on the fast track for a partnership
at the law firm. However, when the straight-laced Jason is tricked into
driving his foul-mouthed grandfather, Dick [Robert De Niro], to Daytona for
spring break, his pending nuptials are suddenly in jeopardy. Between riotous
frat parties, bar fights, and an epic night of karaoke, Dick is on a quest
to live his life to the fullest and bring Jason along for the ride.
Ultimately, on the wildest journey of their lives, "dirty" Grandpa and his
uptight grandson discover they can learn from one another and form the bond
they never had.

DIRTY GRANDPA (R)
FRI: 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00)

MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)

++++++++++++++++++++

SkipOldPic.JPG

Do all of you find this newsletter useful?
I only ask because I'm seeing alarming evidence many of you aren't reading
it!
(A lot of you didn't know our new film class started last Thursday, even
when we had promoted it in this newsletter for over a month).

So, I am contemplating ending the newsletter after all these years.
Our FaceBook page continues to be an astounding marketing tool, and I'm just
not convinced all the work I put into this newsletter every week is worth it
any longer.

If you disagree, LET ME KNOW!
Otherwise, starting very soon, I will simply send the showtime panel to the
newsletter subscriber base.
If you want the newsletter to continue, I need to hear it from you at
Skip at theAvon.com

Thanks!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS FRIDAY, FEB. 5th:
THE BIG SHORT (R)
NOMINATED FOR 5 OSCARS!!
(Including "Best Picture", "Best Supporting Actor")
BIGSHORT.bmp

LOCAL.bmp