[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MARCH 27th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Mar 26 12:15:58 EDT 2015

  SNEAK PREVIEW TONIGHT MARCH 26th @ 7:00 PM!!
3D or 2D---YOUR CHOICE!!---but, NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!
HOMEquad.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 27th thru THURSDAY,  APRIL 2nd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp>>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
HRSHOW)#@&.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++

HOMEposterB.jpg

HOME (PG)   Family/Comedy  (1 hr 34 min --not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Oh, a loveable misfit from another planet, lands on Earth and finds himself on the run from his own people, he forms an unlikely friendship with an adventurous girl named Tip who is on a quest of her own. Through a series of comic adventures with Tip, Oh comes to understand that being different and making mistakes is all part of being human. And while he changes her planet and she changes his world, they discover the true meaning of the word HOME.

HOME (PG)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:15) – 7:15
SAT: (1:15) – (4:15 3D) – 7:15
SUN: (1:15) – (4:15 3D)
MON thru THURS: 6:15
NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!
++++++++++++++++++++
INSURGENTposter.jpg

INSURGENT (PG13)   Action/Adventure  (1 hr 59 min --not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
THE DIVERGENT SERIES: INSURGENT raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for allies and answers in the ruins of a futuristic Chicago. Tris (Woodley) and Four (James) are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine (Winslet), the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris's family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world.

INSURGENT (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CINDERELLAposter.jpg

CINDERELLA (PG)  Romantic Fairytale/Family  (1 hr 42 min --not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Cate Blanchett stars in this new vision of the Cinderella tale from director Kenneth Branagh and the screenwriting team of Chris Weitz and Aline Brosh McKenna for Disney Pictures. ~
Refreshingly traditional in a revisionist era, Kenneth Branagh's Cinderella proves Disney hasn't lost any of its old-fashioned magic.

CINDERELLA (PG)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:15

++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPANDGIRLS.JPG

Some random insider tips here:

Many special deals and promotions are now ONLY on our FaceBook page. If you haven’t checked it out, please do so! You’ll be glad you did!

The link is right here: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

ALL of the Avon’s fantastic array of caramel corns, cheese corns, and gourmet candy corn flavors are all made right at the Avon!
There seems to be a rumor or idea that our popcorn is from Del’s, which is really a compliment, but it’s ALL OURS!!

And, speaking of popcorn, did you know you can come in to our lobbies at any time we are open and just buy popcorn? The same goes for our high-quality, all-beef hot dogs, and soft pretzel bites as well. If you are out and about some afternoon or evening, it is perfectly ok to stop in and just buy snacks.

And more popcorn stuff: My daughter, Melissa Rinchiuso, is the wizard that comes up with all of our incredible candy corn flavors. Just about every week there is a new flavor. Wild and delicious stuff like Strawberry Shortcake Popcorn, or Cherry Pie Ala Mode Popcorn, or some of her popcorns that are drizzled with real Ghiradelli chocolate. Melissa literally grew up in the popcorn business, she was just 4 years old when my wife and I had our popcorn shop in Ashland, Oregon, and she KNOWS her stuff!

Have you been missing our classic cartoons we used to show before the feature? The reason we can’t do them very often now can be blamed on our conversion to digital projection about 18 months ago. Our cartoon library was all on film! BUT…if you attend the Avon on a Friday or selected Saturday, and you are in the OLD theater, you just may still see a cartoon pop up! Our Head Tech, Chris Barnett, is the only one of us who can still run the old film projectors (yes, they are still up there) and he sometimes will throw one on just for the fun of it. He can’t do that in the Twins, however.

Our 100 year anniversary will be Thanksgiving of 2016, but we intend to celebrate it next summer of 2016. We are planning a BIG party, and are hoping to close off the block and have live music and vendors. We have been talking about this celebration for YEARS now, and it’s hard to believe it is now within sight. We MAY even have an appearance by a famous Movie/TV star!!

Those are some points to know to enhance your Avon experience.

Thanks for reading!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
++++++++++++++++
STARTS APRIL 3rd!!
SERENAquad.jpg