[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---OCT. 24th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 22 23:21:28 EDT 2014

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 24th thru THURSDAY,  OCT. 30th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME LIST!!
SHOWS1024.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STVposter.jpg
St. VINCENT (PG13)   Comedy  (1 hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of
previews)
Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with
her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has
no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent
(Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An
odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a
pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the
stops that make up his daily routine - the race track, a strip club, and the
local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver
begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a
misunderstood man with a good heart.

St. VINCENT (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++
BOOKposter2.jpg
THE BOOK OF LIFE (PG)  Comedy/Family  (1hr 36 min--not including 8 to 12 min
of previews)

THE BOOK OF LIFE, a vibrant fantasy-adventure, tells the legend of Manolo, a
conflicted hero and dreamer who sets off on an epic quest through magical,
mythical and wondrous worlds in order to rescue his one true love and defend
his village.
THE BOOK OF LIFE (PG)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
JUDGEposterB.jpg
THE JUDGE (R) Drama   (2 hr 21 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

In "The Judge," Robert Downey Jr. stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who
returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge
(Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth
and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years
before.

THE JUDGE (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Skip pic.JPG

Some October stuff still coming!!

+ On FRI and SAT, Oct. 24th and 25th at MIDNIGHT, we have our famous ROCKY
HORROR PICTURE SHOW on our stage, and on our screen! The Millikin Shadow
Cast will perform the movie while it is playing. Prop bags are sold on the
premises, and costumes are definitely requested!! All Seats $10 (No Passes
Please). This is NOT, I repeat NOT, "family friendly".

+ On Oct. 31st, HALLOWEEN NIGHT, our favorite Spookmeister, the famed author
and former Decaturite TROY TAYLOR, will present a live seance on our stage
to try and contact the spirit of Houdini! (And there may be plenty of other
spirits who decide to say "Howdy" as well!) You can get ticket info by going
to: www.HauntedDecatur.com

 We hope you will join us!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater'
for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

FBTightwad.JPG