[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---OCT. 31st, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 29 17:17:33 EDT 2014

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 31st thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 6th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWS1031.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STVposter.jpg
St. VINCENT (PG13)   Comedy  (1 hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of
previews)
Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with
her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has
no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent
(Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An
odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a
pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the
stops that make up his daily routine - the race track, a strip club, and the
local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver
begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a
misunderstood man with a good heart.

St. VINCENT (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
BESTbanner.bmp
THE BEST OF ME (PG13)  Romance / Drama  (1 hr 59 min --not including 8 to 12
min of previews)

Based on the bestselling novel by acclaimed author Nicholas Sparks, The Best
of Me tells the story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high school
sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they
return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend. Their
bittersweet reunion reignites the love they've never forgotten, but soon
they discover the forces that drove them apart twenty years ago live on,
posing even more serious threats today. Spanning decades, this epic love
story captures the enduring power of our first true love, and the wrenching
choices we face when confronted with elusive second chances.

THE BEST OF ME (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ENDS THURSDAY, NOV. 6th!!
JUDGEquad.jpg
THE JUDGE (R) Drama   (2 hr 21 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

In "The Judge," Robert Downey Jr. stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who
returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge
(Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth
and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years
before.

THE JUDGE (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SkipNewest.jpg

Final October stuff coming!!

+ On Oct. 31st, HALLOWEEN NIGHT, our favorite Spookmeister, the famed author
and former Decaturite TROY TAYLOR, will present a live seance on our stage
to try and contact the spirit of Houdini! (And there may be plenty of other
spirits who decide to say "Howdy" as well!) You can get ticket info by going
to: www.HauntedDecatur.com

 We hope you will join us!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater'
for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

FBTightwad.JPG

 BOTH START FRIDAY, NOV. 7th!!
INTERSTELLARposter.jpg BIRDMANposterA.jpg