[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 7th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Nov 6 13:36:17 EST 2014

STARTS TONIGHT, THURS, NOV. 6th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
                 The Most Anticipated Movie of the Year!!

INTERbanner1.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 7th thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 13th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWS1107.bmp
+++++++++++++++++++++
INTERSTELLARposter.jpg
INTERSTELLAR (PG13)  Adventure / Drama  (1 hr 59 min --not including 8 to 12
min of previews)

With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the
most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to
discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.

 Interstellar represents more of the thrilling, thought-provoking, and
visually resplendent filmmaking moviegoers have come to expect from
writer-director Christopher Nolan.
Oscar Winner Matthew McConaughey may be in the winner’s circle again this
year for this incredible movie!!

INTERSTELLAR (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (3:45) – 7:30
SAT: (12 noon) – (3:45) – 7:30
SUN: (12 noon) – (3:45)
MON thru THURS: 6:30

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BIRDMANbanner.bmp
BIRDMAN (R) Drama   (1 hr 59 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells
the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) - famous for portraying an iconic
superhero - as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up
to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his
career, and himself.

A thrilling leap forward for director Alejandro González Iñárritu, Birdman
is an ambitious technical showcase powered by a layered story and
outstanding performances from Michael Keaton and Edward Norton.

BIRDMAN (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STVposterB.jpg
St. VINCENT (PG13)   Comedy  (1 hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of
previews)
Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with
her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has
no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent
(Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An
odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a
pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the
stops that make up his daily routine - the race track, a strip club, and the
local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver
begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a
misunderstood man with a good heart.

St. VINCENT (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++
SKIPSUEAUG102013.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho

Well, October and all our special events are over!

-And none too soon, either!

We are all exhausted, and actually looking forward to the hustle-bustle of
the holiday movie biz!

(After the insanity of October, the holiday movie rush will seem like a
vacation!)

There is a VERY significant event I need to mention here:

On Monday, Nov. 10th, my bride and I will celebrate our 30th wedding
anniversary!
It seems like only yesterday I plunked down $35 to a Reno, Nevada Justice of
the Peace, and we started our lives together

She has seen me through a career as a video distribution executive, based
all over the western USA, and eventually came back with me to my hometown of
Decatur, when my company transferred me here from Denver in 1989.

Our daughter, Melissa, is now a grown, happily-married woman, and has graced
us with 2 granddaughters.

We took an old, closed-down theater, Decatur’s beloved AVON, and re-opened
it in 1999.

The rest is history.

Thanks to all of YOU, we beat the odds and the Avon flourishes to this day.

And, special thanks to my wife and daughter.

I truly could not have done this seemingly impossible task of resurrecting
the Avon without them!

HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY, SUSAN!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater'
for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

FBTightwad.JPG