[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MARCH 14th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Mar 12 14:43:53 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 14th thru THURSDAY,  MARCH 20th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!!
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

THE MONUMENTS MEN (PG13)  History / Action  1 hrs. 52 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
A Personal Note from Skip:
When THE MONUMENTS MEN first came out a few weeks ago, we didn't have a screen available to play it.
I promised all of you in this newsletter that we WOULD get to it soon.
I know a bunch of you said you would wait to see it at the Avon, but I also know some of you didn't...
-And that's ok!
As it turned out, we didn't get to it as quickly as we'd liked because our 3 screens were booked, and it was difficult to find a slot we could put it in.
NOW, HERE IT IS!
BUT...We can only play it for ONE WEEK because other bookings are pushing in!
Please come see it this week, and, if you already saw it at one of the "other guys", COME SEE IT AGAIN with us!!

Based on the true story of the greatest treasure hunt in history, The Monuments Men is an action drama focusing on an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. It would be an impossible mission: with the art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these guys - seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, all more familiar with Michelangelo than the M-1 - possibly hope to succeed? But as the Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind's greatest achievements.
THE MONUMENTS MEN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru THURS: 7:15 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE (R)  Action / Adventure 1 hr. 43 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel Xerxes and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield-on the sea-as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemisia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.
300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru THURS: 6:30 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN (PG)  Family / Comedy 1 hr 30 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine - the WABAC - to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Mr. Peabody & Sherman offers a surprisingly entertaining burst of colorful all-ages fun!!
MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All of you know what I'd be ranting about in this column: Its the same thing you are ALL ranting about!
So, Mother Nature is toying with us now?
We get 2 days of Spring weather (I drove to Springfield yesterday with the top down all the way. I saw it hit 75 degrees!!!) but, then we're back in snow and windy, blustery baloney today??

The forecast calls for an "ok" weekend, and "ok" means a good time to go to the movies!!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
The corn is popping; the REAL butter is melting; and we're looking for YOU!!
-Skip Huston
++++++++++++++++++++
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013. (It was a warm day too!)
It won't be long before we have our 2014 staff picture taken.
There'll be some familiar faces, and some new faces.
(And, sadly, some faces missing)

Hi, Mom....I miss you.
STARTS FRIDAY, JULY 21st!!
THE NEW AWARD-WINNING RUSSIAN EPIC!!