[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JAN. 17th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue Jan 14 19:33:06 EST 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 17th thru THURSDAY,  JAN. 23rd  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY (R)  Drama / Comedy 2 hr 10 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
MERYL STREEP & JULIA ROBERTS with an ASTOUNDING CAST!!

AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY tells the dark, hilarious and deeply touching story of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose lives have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Midwest house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them.
AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN:  (2:00) - (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INSIDE LLWEYN DAVIS (R)  Drama 1 hr 45 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
NEW from the award-winning Coen Bros!!
Follow a week in the life of a young folk singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Guitar in tow, huddled against the unforgiving New York winter, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstacles -- some of them of his own making.
INSIDE LLWEYN DAVIS (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SAVING MR. BANKS (PG13)  Comedy / Biography 121 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
NOW IN ITS 5th HUGE WEEK!! EVERYONE LOVES THIS ONE!!
Two-time Academy Award (R)-winner Emma Thompson and fellow double Oscar (R)-winner Tom Hanks topline Disney's "Saving Mr. Banks," inspired by the extraordinary, untold backstory of how Disney's classic "Mary Poppins" made it to the screen. When Walt Disney's daughters begged him to make a movie of their favorite book, P.L. Travers' "Mary Poppins," he made them a promise-one that he didn't realize would take 20 years to keep. In his quest to obtain the rights, Walt comes up against a curmudgeonly, uncompromising writer who has absolutely no intention of letting her beloved magical nanny get mauled by the Hollywood machine. But, as the books stop selling and money grows short, Travers reluctantly agrees to go to Los Angeles to hear Disney's plans for the adaptation. For those two short weeks in 1961, Walt Disney pulls out all the stops,  and together they set Mary Poppins free to ultimately make one of the most endearing films in cinematic history.
SAVING MR. BANKS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT:  (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hate it when our long-time veteran college girl staffers head back to school after a holiday break. I have to get used to them being gone all over again! So, to our wonderful LESLIE DALE  and equally groovy JILL MONROE  I say "Thanks for another great holiday season, ladies! I'll see you this summer!"
Then, there's our world traveler, Co-Manager and Administrative Assistant, BRIDGET SPITZER   who is currently in Africa, on a Millikin-organized trip, and was just leaving on safari the last time I heard from her. She is due back in about a week, if she doesn't get eaten by lions!

All our wonderful staffers, both past and present, are one of the secret ingredients that make the Avon so special.

Our staff tends to stay with us a LONG time (General Manager, Ashley Petty is going on 7 years as is Co-Manager, Hannah Elliott) and they become so linked with our operations that is so almost like losing a family member when they finally do seek the "outer world" for good.

So, the next time you come to see us, pay particular attention to those hand-picked, smiling faces behind the counter.
We are VERY particular about who we hire, and the commitment to quality staff shows!
Come See Us this Weekend!!
-I'll Be There, and I'm Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013.
Who is the grooviest one in the picture??