[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 15th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 13 11:37:49 EST 2013

STARTS FRIDAY!!!
A DISTINGUISHED CAST IN
ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST MOVIES!!
YOU CAN ONLY SEE IT AT THE AVON TOO!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  NOV. 15th  thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 21st  ONLY!!
Check out our groovin' website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
 12 YEARS A SLAVE (R) The most talked-about film of the year! And its ONLY at THE AVON!!
  STARTS THURS, NOV.21st @ 8:00 PM: THE HUNGER GAMES--Catching Fire (PG13) The long-awaited sequel! 'nuff said?

CURRENTLY SHOWING:

 THOR--The Dark World 2D or 3D (PG13) Thor is BACK in a new rousing adventure! In 3D or 2D, your choice!!
 LAST VEGAS (PG13) Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline, Robert DeNiro, Mary Steenburgen, and more (WOW!) in a comedy about some seniors loose in Sin City!

COMING  SOON:

 STARTS WED, NOV. 27th: FROZEN (PG) A family delight just in time for Thanksgiving!!

...LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

12 YEARS A SLAVE (R)  Historical Drama 2 hrs. 13 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Based on an incredible true story of one man's fight for survival and freedom. In the pre-Civil War United States, Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery. Facing cruelty (personified by a malevolent slave owner, portrayed by Michael Fassbender), as well as unexpected kindnesses, Solomon struggles not only to stay alive, but to retain his dignity. In the twelfth year of his unforgettable odyssey, Solomon's chance meeting with a Canadian abolitionist (Brad Pitt) will forever alter his life.
12 YEARS A SLAVE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D or 3D (PG13)  Action/Adventure 112 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
THOR: THE DARK WORLD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) 2D - 7:00 3D
SAT: (1:00) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:00 3D
SUN: (1:00) 2D - (4:00) 3D
MON thru THURS: 6:30 2D
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LAST VEGAS (PG13)  Comedy 105 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
"PERFECT FOR THE AVON CROWD!!"---Dr. Skippy P. Hustonovitch
Billy (Michael Douglas), Paddy (Robert De Niro), Archie (Morgan Freeman) and Sam (Kevin Kline) have been best friends since childhood. So when Billy, the group's sworn bachelor, finally proposes to his thirty-something (of course) girlfriend, the four head to Las Vegas with a plan to stop acting their age and relive their glory days. However, upon arriving, the four quickly realize that the decades have transformed Sin City and tested their friendship in ways they never imagined. The Rat Pack may have once played the Sands and Cirque du Soleil may now rule the Strip, but it's these four who are taking over Vegas.
LAST VEGAS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HUNGER GAMES: Catching Fire (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr. 26 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
THE HUNGER GAMES: Catching Fire (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS PREMIERE AT 8:00 PM ONLY!!
(Regular Showtimes Start FRI, Nov. 22nd)
ADVANCE COLLECTIBLE TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho Celebrated Their 29th Wedding Anniversary last Sunday!
So, Thanksgiving will soon be here, and then onward to Christmas!!
I always look forward to the holidays because so many great movies come out at that time.

What I don't look forward to is the cold weather and the long slog after New Year's before the first signs of Spring!

We've got a bit of a cold snap right now, but I hear it will clear up soon and turn into seasonable, albeit rainy, weather!

Its a kind of bittersweeet knowledge that my LAST film class (after 13 years!) will be this Thursday.
It has been an incredible journey, but I'm simply too busy with the Avon, and our new theater in Sterling, Illinois, plus ANOTHER project that is top secret right now.
There are some who think I will merely take a break from teaching and start up again in a year or so (or less).

I 'think' have learned to never say "never"!

Come See Us this Weekend!
-We're Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
HOLIDAY GIFT CARDS AND PASSES NOW ON SALE!!