[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV 22nd 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 20 15:00:15 EST 2013

EARLY PREMIERE THURSDAY, NOV. 21st at 8:00 PM!!
COLLECTIBLE ADVANCE TICKETS ON SALE AT 6:00 PM DAILY!!

SPECIAL 2 WEEK HOLIDAY EDITION!!
WEEK OF FRIDAY,  NOV. 22nd  thru THURSDAY,  DEC. 5th  ONLY!!
Check out our neat-o website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!
NOTE: YOU ARE LOOKING AT 2 WEEK'S PANELS!

OPENING:
 STARTS THURS, NOV.21st @ 8:00 PM: THE HUNGER GAMES--Catching Fire (PG13) The long-awaited sequel! 'nuff said?
 STARTS TUES, NOV. 26th: FROZEN (PG) A family delight just in time for Thanksgiving!!
 STARTS WED, NOV. 27th: THE BOOK THIEF (PG13) From the beloved book! A moving holiday treat!

CURRENTLY SHOWING:
 12 YEARS A SLAVE (R) The most talked-about film of the year! ENDS TUESDAY, NOV. 26th!!

 THOR--The Dark World 2D or 3D (PG13) Thor is BACK in a new rousing adventure! ENDS MONDAY, NOV. 25th!!

COMING  SOON:
...LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HUNGER GAMES: Catching Fire (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr. 26 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.
THE HUNGER GAMES: Catching Fire (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (4:45) - 8:00
FRI (NOV. 29th): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
SAT (NOV 30th): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
SUN (DEC. 1st): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
MON (DEC. 2nd) thru THURS (DEC. 5th): 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FROZEN (PG)  Comedy / Family 108 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Featuring the voices of Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, "Frozen" is the coolest comedy-adventure ever to hit the big screen. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna, a fearless optimist, teams up with extreme mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer Sven on an epic journey to find Anna's sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Encountering mystical trolls, a funny snowman named Olaf, Everest-like extremes and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction
FROZEN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
TUES & WED: 7:00 3D
THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (4:00) 2D - 7:00 3D
FRI (NOV. 29th): (1:00) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:00 3D
SAT (NOV 30th): (1:00) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:00 3D
SUN (DEC. 1st): (1:00) 2D - (4:00) 2D -  7:00 3D
MON (DEC. 2nd thru THURS (DEC. 5th): 7:15 (2D ONLY)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BOOK THIEF (PG13)  Drama 131 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Based on the beloved international bestselling book, The Book Thief tells the story of an extraordinary, spirited young girl sent to live with a foster family in WWII Germany. Intrigued by the only book she brought with her, she begins collecting books as she finds them. With the help of her new parents and a secret guest under the stairs, she learns to read and creates a magical world that inspires them all.
THE BOOK THIEF (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
WED: 7:00
THURS (Thanksgiving Day): (4:00) - 7:00
FRI (NOV. 29th): (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SAT (NOV 30th):  (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SUN (DEC. 1st): (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON (DEC. 2nd thru THURS (DEC. 5th): 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

12 YEARS A SLAVE (R)  Historical Drama 2 hrs. 13 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Based on an incredible true story of one man's fight for survival and freedom. In the pre-Civil War United States, Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery. Facing cruelty (personified by a malevolent slave owner, portrayed by Michael Fassbender), as well as unexpected kindnesses, Solomon struggles not only to stay alive, but to retain his dignity. In the twelfth year of his unforgettable odyssey, Solomon's chance meeting with a Canadian abolitionist (Brad Pitt) will forever alter his life.
12 YEARS A SLAVE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON & TUES: 7:15 (ENDS TUESDAY!!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THOR: THE DARK WORLD 2D or 3D (PG13)  Action/Adventure 112 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
THOR: THE DARK WORLD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) 2D - 8:00 3D
SAT & SUN: (2:00) 2D - (5:00) 2D - 8:00 3D
MON: 7:15 2D  (ENDS MONDAY!!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-And with the start of the holidays comes confusing showtimes!
This is due to mid-week openings and closings, and, in some cases, whether you want a 3D show, or a 2D show.
It's all so complicated!
But, if you look carefully, you'll see the pattern! (I'm still looking).

Have you taken a good look lately at how nice the new downtown streetscape looks with all the holiday trimmings?
Yes, we all know this was a long slog through a lot of mud and hassle, but...IT WAS WORTH IT!
Come See Us this Thanksgiving Holiday!!
-We're Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
>From Skip, Sue, Melissa, Ryan, Lily, Addison, Ashley, Hannah, Bridget, Megan, Brynna, Sydney, Jamie, leslie, Jill, Kelsey, Steven, Ashtyn, Doug, 'Huck' the Wonder Dog, Chris and...Troy!
HOLIDAY GIFT CARDS AND PASSES NOW ON SALE!!