[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS----APRIL 5th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Apr 3 13:34:21 EDT 2013

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!
YOU WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  APRIL 5th  thru THURSDAY,  APRIL 11th  ONLY!!
Check out our ultra-groovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

RETURNING:
 QUARTET (PG13) Maggie Smith and a distinguished cast in an "Encore" performance by popular demand!!

PLAYING NOW:
 OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN (R): Slam-bang action with Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman!!
 THE CROODS (PG) Fun for the whole family, as the stone age has never been funnier!

COMING SOON:

 APRIL 12th EMPEROR (PG13) Tommy Lee Jones as Gen. Douglas MacArthur! Great for the Avon crowd!
 APRIL 12th  42  (PG13) The story of the baseball legend Jackie Robinson! Great cast including Harrison Ford!
 APRIL 19th  OBLIVION (PG13) Tom Cruise in a spectacular science-fiction adventure!

++++++++++++++++++++++

QUARTET  (PG13)    Comedy/Musical 1 hr 48 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)

Beecham House is abuzz. The rumor circling the halls is that the home for retired musicians is soon to play host to a new resident. Word is, it's a star. For Reginald Paget (Tom Courtenay), Wilfred Bond (Billy Connolly) and Cecily Robson (Pauline Collins) this sort of talk is par for the course at the gossipy home. But they're in for a special shock when the new arrival turns out to be none other than their former singing partner, Jean Horton (Maggie Smith). Her subsequent career as a star soloist, and the ego that accompanied it, split up their long friendship and ended her marriage to Reggie, who takes the news of her arrival particularly hard. Can the passage of time heal old wounds? And will the famous quartet be able to patch up their differences in time for Beecham House's gala concert?
OUARTET (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN  (R)    Action/Thriller 1 hr 59 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Bannings inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President and avert an even bigger disaster. Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) directs an all-star cast featuring Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, Angela Bassett, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd, and Rick Yune. (c) FilmDistrict
OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE CROODS  (PG)    Family/Adventure  1 hr. 32 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
The Croods tells the story of the world's first family road trip. When their cave is destroyed, the Crood family must embark on a comedy adventure into strange and spectacular territory in search of a new home. As if patriarch Grug (Cage) didn't already have enough to handle, it goes from bad to worse when they encounter an imaginative nomad named Guy (Reynolds.) With Guy's help the Croods conquer their fear of the outside world and discover that they have exactly what it takes to survive - each other.(c) Paramount
THE CROODS (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

Always fighting for truth, justice & the Avonian way!

RUMORS>>>
So, I've been hearing talk that, because I have a new theater/bar/restaurant project in another city, I am moving away??

Well, I know this will come as a great disappointment to those certain few enemies I have out there (you know who you are) ; but that couldn't be further from the truth!

Decatur is my hometown.
I was born here.
There are streets named for ME and my family all over town (no foolin'), and THE AVON THEATER is the instrument that made any other of my future projects possible...

Why would I move?
I live in a still-remarkable house that my Mom and my late Father designed and built in 1957.
-A house I lived in as a kid (with my evil big sister) , and, I actually saw the bulldozers dig the foundation for it!

I played in that house as a kid when it was still in rafters!

In fact, I saw a great deal of the always-classy West End being constructed!
(I actually remember when Kiwanis Park was not there!!)

Sure, I have seen Decatur be the victim of "in the box" thinking by past and current administration, and we all know we've seen our city have better days and times...
BUT...all that is cyclical!
All it takes is a few elections in the next couple of years, and some new blood in our veins, and things will start to look a lot better!

And that means YOU have to do your part!
Election day is this Tuesday.
Don't be filled with apathy that your vote doesn't count, because it most certainly DOES!
If you don't let your vote be heard, then you can't complain about all the hoo-hah you don't like!
Simple as that.
VOTE.
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll Be Looking for ALL of YOU!!!
-Skip Huston

The "Avon Experience" comes to Sterling, Illinois!!
BEER - WINE - MOVIES - FOOD
Opening Summer of 2013!!!