[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 22nd, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jun 20 23:37:28 EDT 2012

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JUNE 22nd thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 28th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OPENING:
 BRAVE (PG) The newest from Pixar!! Bring all the kids you can find!!

 ABRAHAM LINCOLN-VAMPIRE HUNTER (PG13) Yes, you read that correctly. BIG FUN! BIG THRILLS!

CONTINUING:
  ROCK OF AGES (PG13) Tom Cruise and an all-star cast in the '80's Broadway hit musical!

COMING SOON:
 JUNE 29th: PEOPLE LIKE US (PG13) Wonderful new family-saga! Michelle Pfeiffer & Chris Pine star!

  JULY 6th: MOONRISE KINGDOM (PG13) Bruce Willis, Billy Murray, Edward Norton and more!!!

 JULY 13th: ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT (PG) Their BAAAACK!! Another summer family-fun film at The Avon!!

 JULY 20th: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (PG13) The final entry in the BATMAN trilogy! Biggest hit of the year?

...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

BRAVE  (PG)
Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (Robbie Coltrane). Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch (Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it's too late.
BRAVE  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER (R)
Visionary filmmakers Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov reinvent the time-honored genre and present the terrifying creatures of the night as they were meant to be experienced -- as fierce, visceral, intense and bloodthristy. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter brings to the screen the secret life of our nation's favorite president...as history's greatest hunter of the undead.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ROCK OF AGES (PG13)
THE BROADWAY MUSICAL SENSATION COMES TO THE SILVER SCREEN!!
Rock of Ages tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock 'n' roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of some of the greatest hitmakers of the '80's! --
An ALL-STAR CAST, Including TOM CRUISE, ALEC BALDWIN & CATHERINE ZETA-JONES!!
ROCK OF AGES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you figured out how to get into the parking garage across from the Avon yet?
The refurb guys have got the first floor blocked doing their whatever-it-is they are doing...
BUT...
If you go in the WEST entrance---the one with the booth---you can go right up the ramp and either park on the ramps or the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor!!
The refurb dudes finished the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors a while ago, but seem determined to demonstrate how long it took to build the Egyptian pyramids on the 1st floor!
(The last time I looked, which was a couple days ago, the same huge pile of rubble was scattered on the 1st level floor that had been there a few days before. I am betting it is STILL there! Great supervision!)
Seriously, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Let's get-r-done, ok?
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll Be Looking for you and you and...YOU!!