[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---FEB. 24th, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Feb 23 14:58:22 EST 2012

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 24th thru THURSDAY, MARCH 1st  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OPENING:
 WANDERLUST (R) Paul Rudd & Jennifer Aniston (and Alan Alda!) in a sexy, R-Rated comedy about "alternative lifestyles"!!

CONTINUING:
 THIS MEANS WAR (PG13) Reese Witherspoon juggling 2 dangerous guys (Tom Hardy & Chris Pine) and lots of fun! ENDS SOON!!

 SAFE HOUSE (R) Denzel Washington & Ryan Reynolds in a gripping new thriller!

COMING SOON:
  MARCH 2nd: Dr. Seuss' THE LORAX (PG) Now booking group-rates for schools and churches! Call 422-1776.

 MARCH 23rd: THE HUNGER GAMES (PG13) Tickets now on sale for ALL shows, including the Thursday, March 22nd MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WANDERLUST (R)
George (Rudd) and Linda (Aniston) are an overextended, stressed out Manhattan couple. After George is downsized out of his job, they find themselves with only one option: to move in with George's awful brother in Atlanta. On the way there, George and Linda stumble upon Elysium, an idyllic community populated by colorful characters who embrace a different way of looking at things. Money? It can't buy happiness. Careers? Who needs them? Clothes? Only if you want them. Is Elysium the fresh start George and Linda need? Or will the change of perspective cause more problems than it solves?
WANDERLUST  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

THIS MEANS WAR (PG13)
The world's deadliest CIA operatives are inseparable partners and best friends until they fall for the same woman. Having once helped bring down entire enemy nations, they are now employing their incomparable skills and an endless array of high-tech gadgetry against their greatest nemesis ever - each other.

THIS MEANS WAR  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SAFE HOUSE (R)
Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds star in the action-thriller Safe House. Washington plays the most dangerous renegade from the CIA, who comes back onto the grid after a decade on the run. When the South African safe house he's remanded to is attacked by mercenaries, a rookie operative (Reynolds) escapes with him. Now, the unlikely allies must stay alive long enough to uncover who wants them dead.

SAFE HOUSE  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, the Oscars are almost here!
Sunday night, I'll be right there in front of the screen, where I've been every time since they were first broadcast back in the '50's when Bob Hope used to host!
I know they are an over-long, sanctimonious, and somewhat cheesy program, but...
It's THE OSCARS!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We are right on the cusp of March, and still not much Winter activity.
If we can sneak through March with much of the same, we "should" be safe in April!

But, look at it this way: Even if the demons of Illinois Winter unleash their fury on us for the entire month of March, Spring is really just around the corner!
I hate Winter.
I hate Winter in Illinois even more.
But...I LOVE Spring and Summer (and Fall) in Illinois, so there's the trade-off, huh?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As if my being voted by YOU as the #1 "Best Decaturite" in this year's Herald & Review "Reader's Choice" poll wasn't a heady enough honor, I was just asked to be the Grand Marshall in this year's St. Patrick's Day parade!
I don't know what's next?
Maybe I get drafted to run for Mayor?
Maybe President Obama asks me to be the Ambassador to Hollywood?
Maybe pigs will fly?
Congrats to Avon Theater "Godfather" Troy Taylor for the publishing of his 85th (!!!) book this coming Monday! The new tome is called "Murdered in Their Beds", and promises to be another of his patented blend of historic crime reportage, and creepy revelations. Way to go, bro!
In April we start our 15th year of operation!
That's right, our 15th year of CONTINUOUS operation!
Who woulda' thunk it, huh?

Come See Me Soon!!
I'm Looking for YOU!!