[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MARCH 11th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Mar 9 14:10:09 EST 2011

AVON THEATRE NEWS & VIEWS
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 11th thru THURSDAY,  MARCH 17th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CLICK THIS LINK:
http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:

 RED RIDING HOOD (PG13) A new take on the classic fairy tale! Great cast, and terrific story!

+++ THE QUIET MAN (G) JOHN WAYNE and IRELAND!!  FREE MOVIE FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!
THURSDAY, MARCH 17th @ 7:00 PM ONLY!!

CONTINUING:

 RANGO (PG) Johnny Depp and a bunch of others in a rollicking animated romp that is NOT just for kids!

 UNKNOWN (PG13) Huge Avon hit! LIAM NEESON in a "Hitchcock-type" thriller!! ENDS SOON!! HURRY!!

COMING SOON:

 MARCH 18th: LIMITLESS (PG13) Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro in a tale of mind-bending sci-fi action!

 MARCH 25th: THE OTHER WOMAN (R) Best Actress Oscar-Winner Natalie Portman in a family "dramedy".

 APRIL 1st: SOURCE CODE (PG13) Jake Gyllenhaal in a mind-bending adventure!

 APRIL 8th: ARTHUR (PG13) Helen Mirren, Jennifer Garner & Russell Brand in a new take on the beloved original!

 APRIL 15th: RIO (PG) Animated comedy fun for the family with voices of Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx and more!!

 APRIL 22nd: WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (PG13) The one you've waited for! From the huge best-selling book!

 APRIL 29th: CERTIFIED COPY (R) Avon fave Juliette Binoche in a romance set in Tuscany!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RED RIDING HOOD (PG13)
In "Red Riding Hood," Seyfried plays Valerie, a beautiful young woman torn between two men. She is in love with a brooding outsider, Peter (Shiloh Fernandez), but her parents have arranged for her to marry the wealthy Henry (Max Irons). Unwilling to lose each other, Valerie and Peter are planning to run away together when they learn that Valerie's older sister has been killed by the werewolf that prowls the dark forest surrounding their village. For years, the people have maintained an uneasy truce with the beast, offering the creature a monthly animal sacrifice. But under a blood red moon, the wolf has upped the stakes by taking a human life. Hungry for revenge, the people call on famed werewolf hunter, Father Solomon (Gary Oldman), to help them kill the wolf. But Solomon's arrival brings unintended consequences as he warns that the wolf, who takes human form by day, could be any one of them. As the death toll rises with each moon, Valerie begins to suspect that the werewolf could be someone she loves. As panic grips the town, Valerie discovers that she has a unique connection to the beast--one that inexorably draws them together, making her both suspect...and bait.

The new look on the old tale has brought out quite a buzz in genre fans, and we have been looking forward to this one for quite awhile!
RED RIDING HOOD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (5:00) - 8:00
THURS: 6:40
++++++++++++++++++++++++

RANGO (PG)
A chameleon (Johnny Depp) that aspires to be a hero finds himself in a Western town plagued by bandits and is forced to literally play the role in order to protect it.
Sound like a familiar scenario?
Maybe? Not really?
Well, this movie, with a supporting cast that is nothing short of astounding, is also the most clever movie of the year, so far!

Just like previous animated films that were definitely not JUST for kids, UP, DESPICABLE ME, TOY STORY 3, this is one for ALL ages!
Something you can bring the kids to and not feel you are out of place!

RANGO (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN:  (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++

UNKNOWN (PG13)
And here is your last chance to see this action-packed Hitchcock-type adventure!
Liam Neeson got a new lease on his career with last year's "Taken", and he continues in that vein here!

This is one that can withstand repeated viewings too!
UNKNOWN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++
FREE ST. PATRICK'S DAY MOVIE!!

THE QUIET MAN (G)
I asked my wife to name the most Irish movie of them all, and after titles like "Finian's Rainbow", "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" & "How Green was My Valley" were all mentioned, all of a sudden it was obvious what the choice was: THE QUIET MAN.

Here are JOHN WAYNE and MAUREEN O'HARA, directed by JOHN FORD. They just don't come any better than this, folks!!
This is a FREE movie, but it is a fund-raiser for our pals at the Decatur Area Art's Council. The donation to them is strictly optional.
But, for every $17 donation you get a chance to win dinner and a movie for two at THE AVON & DOHERTY'S.
THE QUIET MAN plays FREE THURSDAY, MARCH 17th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!

We have a new Facebook page up located at www.facebook.com/theavontheatre and a Twitter feed www.twitter.com/theavontheatre and we are going to be doing some groovy things with these places in the future.  I know you'll want some special offers, deals and heads up on some big events we will have coming up.  Become a fan or follow us at these places and you will not only be one cool dude, but will also be up to date on all things Avon.  Right now we have a great deal on Facebook Places, check into the Avon on your Android or IPhone and receive a small plain popcorn with the purchase of a large drink.  Our popcorn was already the best in town and now it is even better because you can get it for free.  This is only the beginning of some fun things we have planned online.  Join us today and we will see you at the Avon and now online.

Looking at the extended weather forecast, it appears as if we just may, I repeat "may", slide into April without any further Polar blasts.
Now, I probably jinxed it by saying that!

In any event, April come she will, and with that a new Spring and Summer!
(In fact, I saw it is supposed to hit 65 sometime in the next 10 days!)

But, of course, it's always fair weather at THE AVON, right??

Come See Me This Weekend, Folks!