[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---JULY 22nd, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jul 20 18:40:55 EDT 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JULY 22nd thru THURSDAY, JULY 28th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:
 HORRIBLE BOSSES (R) You asked for this hit at the Avon, and you got it! Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman and more!

CONTINUING:
 HARRY POTTER and the Deathly Hallows--PART TWO (PG13) This is IT! No more Harry Potter after this one!

 LARRY CROWNE (PG13) Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts!! Huge hit for the Avon!!!

COMING SOON:
  JULY 29th: COWBOYS & ALIENS (PG13) Harrison Ford & Daniel Craig in a "must-see" fun movie!

  JULY 29th: CRAZY STUPID LOVE (PG13) Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling, 'nuff said???

 AUG. 10th: THE HELP (PG13) From the huge best-seller comes one you've all been waiting for!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HARRY POTTER and the Deathly Hallows---Part 2  (PG13)
And so it ends...
Ten years, and a whole series of great movies (not a clinker in the bunch), and it all comes to this...

There is nothing more that can be said that hasn't already been said ad infinitum (ain't it cool I use Latin phrases sometimes?).

Do you feel sad that after this episode there will be no more HARRY POTTER?

(I know as a theater operator, I will be VERY SAD to see ol' Harry hang up his spurs!!)

If you are a HARRY POTTER fan, this is nirvana for you!
BUT...we've had people come in to HARRY POTTER movies thinking they can "stand alone", in other words, they think you can see the movie with no prior knowledge of the story arc.
That is really not the case.
SOOOOO: If you are a true-blue HARRY POTTER fan, we'll see you there at the Avon with 100's of others.
If you are NOT a HARRY POTTER fan,...as Mr. Natural always said: "Don't mess with it!"
HARRY POTTER and the Deathly Hallows---Part 2 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LARRY CROWNE  (PG13)
A HUGE HIT WITH THE AVON CROWD!!!
Can there be a more definitive "Avon Movie" than this? Not only does it star TOM HANKS and JULIA ROBERTS, but it was co-written by Hanks and NIA VARDALOS (that "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" girl!!), and also was DIRECTED & PRODUCED by Tom Hanks!
You can't go wrong with this middle-age "dramedy", and we at the Avon went to a LOT of trouble to get it here to counter-program the super-heroes, robots, and cartoons of Summer 2011!
Here is a summer movie for grown-ups!
LARRY CROWNE  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HORRIBLE BOSSES (R)
Who woulda thunk we someday see a re-boot of the 1980 hit comedy "9 to 5" that starred Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton and Lily Tomlin?
Well, this isn't exactly that, but it sure has some of the same elements!
And what a cast! JENNIFER ANISTON, JASON BATEMAN, KEVIN SPACEY and COLIN FARRELL. to name a few.

And, in the tradition of the latest R-rated raunchy comedies like "Bridesmaids", this one doesn't try to aim for the family trade!
It's funny, it's rowdy, it's bawdy, and it's a whole lot of adult-humor fun!
HORRIBLE BOSSES  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, we all survived the huge midnight combo of both part ONE and part TWO of the last in the HARRY POTTER series last Thursday night!

We were packed to the rafters for BOTH shows, and, even though when you get about 700 people all jammed in the Avon during a Summer hot spell, all those bodies can generate a lot of heat; a good time was had by all!

The newest (and last) HARRY POTTER chapter has gone on to break all box-office records, and this isn't even the end of the first week!

As the Summer hits mid-frame, we are looking forward on July 29th to COWBOYS & ALIENS (how can you resist James Bond-Daniel Craig-and Indiana Jones-Harrison Ford- TOGETHER as wild westerners squaring off against some outer space squatty bodies??)
And, on August 10th, we have the movie of the huge best-seller THE HELP...

That's just two of some great movies still to come in Summer 2011!

I hope YOU are having a great Summer! I know the heat is oppressive right now, but that will soon pass. The cicadas are gone, for now.
Many of you know that Summer is my favorite time of year, and I hope many of you feel the same way!

Just remember: It won't be too long before we are trudging through ice and snow, and longing for the sweltering days of Summer!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW! NEW! NEW STUFF IN THE AVON CONCESSION STAND!
We have just added a brand new menu item to the Avon's two concessions stands -- Gourmet Bacon Popcorn!
Available NOW, this Troy Taylor-devised delectable snack features fantastic Avon popcorn (the best in the known universe!) that is topped with our REAL butter (with a hint of garlic) and a generous sprinkling of authentic bonafide bacon!
Be sure to ask for Avon Gourmet Bacon Popcorn when you come to see us this weekend -- available NOW!!
Gourmet Bacon Corn is MADE TO ORDER in its own tray for only $4!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Plus...not to be outdone by the new Gourmet Bacon Corn, our own resident Popcorn Chef, Melissa Rinchiuso, has made a special limited flavor for HARRY POTTER called "Sorting Hat Popcorn". This is a candy corn of multi-colors and flavors. In fact, here is a picture of it!

It's only $3 a bag, and will make you sooooo happeeeee!!
By the way, TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS are BAAAAAACK!!
All Shows all Summer on Tuesday only $4.50!! You heard right! $4.50!
(BUT, you have to say "Tightwad Tuesday" at the box-office or you get charged full-price!!)
Come See Me This Weekend!!
-Skip Huston
(Recent picture of Skip Huston)