[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---JULY 23rd, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jul 22 12:06:32 EDT 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 23rd thru THURSDAY, JULY 29th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
OPENING:
(Some of the below "Coming Soon" titles may change. Always call or check our website!!)
CYRUS (R) John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill & Marisa Tomei in the break-out indy comedy!

CONTINUING:
INCEPTION (PG13) Is this one of the biggest hits of the Summer?? IT IS SO FAR!!
DESPICABLE ME 3D (G) In 3D with NO GREEDY & OBNOXIOUS 3D SURCHARGE!!

COMING SOON:

JULY 30th: CATS & DOGS 2 (G) In 3D with NO PREDATORY & CLUELESS 3D SURCHARGE!!
JULY 30th: CHARLIE ST. CLOUD (PG13) Zac Efron in a heartfelt film from the popular book.
AUG 13th:  EAT, PRAY, LOVE (PG13) Julia Roberts in a movie that has "Avon" written all over it!
AUG. 20th: THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE (R) Part 2 of the Swedish sensation "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"!!
AUG. 20th: SOLITARY MAN (R) The best film Michael Douglas has done in years!!
 ...and MORE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
INCEPTION (PG13)
LEONARDO DiCAPRIO and a host of other stars will blow your mind.
That's right, all the hype you have read about this is totally true!
This movie will take you on a journey to places and thoughts that you have only been to in your wildest dreams!
AND...even if you get "lost", just sit back and enjoy the astounding visuals!
(You will find you won't be lost for long. The filmmaker has very wisely enabled several "portals" to get you back in the story before it is all over.

And, when it's over?
You will talk about the ending for weeks, and clamor to see the movie again and again.
Don't be foolish and wait for DVD or some lame pirate copy off the illegal internet sites; this is one that MUST be seen in a theater as a communal experience!
AND, IT MUST BE SEEN ON THE BIGGEST SCREEN POSSIBLE!!
IN DECATUR, THAT SURE ISN'T THE "OTHER GUYS" TEENY-TINY SCREENS!!
(Our GM, Ashley saw it in IMAX, and we can't compete with THAT, but those "other guys" and their ripped miniscule screens, we can!!)
INCEPTION (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DESPICABLE ME 3D* (PG)

Strike a blow against the "evil empire" by directing as many people as possible to see this at THE AVON, where we have NO 3D EXTRA CHARGES!!
Yes, it IS in great 3D, but we aren't hiding behind some hoo-hah corporate policy about "paying for the technology" (yes, that is what you will hear at Carmike if you complain about paying $3.50 EXTRA per person for 3D on top of their already-higher prices!)

Translate Carmike's "paying for the technology" to: "We want to bleed every single red cent out of you because we couldn't care less!"

NOW, you can spread the word there IS an alternative!!
BUT, this is the last week for DESPICABLE ME!!!
HOWEVER, NEXT WEEK WE'LL HAVE A NEW 3D MOVIE, SO KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON THOSE MONEY-GRUBBERS!!

DESPICABLE ME 3D* (PG) *Did we mention its IN 3D, but NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES AT THE AVON?? Just checking.
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CYRUS (R)
John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill, Marisa Tomei & Catherine Keener in the indy break-out comedy about a subject that many of us have experienced in some form or other...
Divorced kinda schlubby guy meets the foxy woman of his dreams...then he meets her grown son!
Obviously, the son has no interest in seeing his Mom with this guy (or any guy) and does all he can to subvert the relationship.
It's a comedy of squirmy recognition, and even skirts the edge of something much more creepily funny, but disturbing too..
It's definitely an "Avon movie" in every sense of the phrase!!
CYRUS (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...

The annual invasion of downtown by DECATUR CELEBRATION is almost upon us (Aug. 6th, 7th & 8th), and isn't it nice that the city is working so hard to get all the street repairs done in time for it?

The fact that we merchants, the ones who comprise "downtown business" all year long, have been inconvenienced for weeks by this "downtown beautification" process seems secondary to our city leaders making sure downtown is spic and span in time for Decatur Celebration!
(But, does that surprise me, or anyone else for that matter?)

All I can say is: ELECTIONS ARE COMING SOON!
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

In the meantime, remember if you are parking during DECATUR CELEBRATION in Garage B (the one across from our front door) you have to ASK for a validation form so participating merchants (like the Avon) can give you back your $5 parking fee!
THEY WON'T GIVE IT TO YOU UNLESS YOU ASK!
THEY REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE IT!!!

Show them the citizens are STILL "in charge" in this town, and ASK FOR THAT DECATUR CELEBRATION PARKING VALIDATION FORM!!!!!!!

I'm going to keep reminding you of this until the danger has passed!!

SEEYA SOON!
I'm Waiting for you, and you and...YOU!!