[Avon-theatre-news] AVON NEWS---SEPT. 11th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Sep 10 16:22:33 EDT 2009

THE INFORMANT!" TICKETS START ON SALE NOW!!
Sorry, no phone or online orders, please!
(My sneaky way to get you in the theater and sell you the BEST popcorn!!)
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY,  SEPT. 11th thru THURSDAY,  SEPT. 17th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:  ADAM (PG13) A real surprise of a wonderful movie!
                        FOOD, INC. (PG13) If you eat food, you better see this documentary!

CONTINUING:      JULIE & JULIA (PG13) MERYL STREEP & AMY ADAMS!! AMBROSIA!! 6th WEEK!!! ENDS NOW!!
                       THE BROTHERS BLOOM (PG13) Adrien Brody, Rachel Weisz and Mark Ruffalo "caper comedy"!!

COMING NEXT FRIDAY:
THE INFORMANT! (R) If you don't know what this one is, I don't know what to say...
LOVE HAPPENS (PG13) Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart romance!
SHRINK (R) Kevin Spacey in an "Avon Discovery" about a psychiatrist in dire need of one!
...and LOTS more!!
ADAM (PG13)  Romance can be risky, perplexing and filled with the perils of miscommunication -- and that's if you aren't ADAM, for whom life itself is this way. In this heartfelt romantic comedy, Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club, Confessions of a Shopaholic) stars as Adam, a handsome but intriguing young man who has all his life led a sheltered existence - until he meets his new neighbor, Beth (Rose Byrne, Damages, 28 Weeks Later, Knowing), a beautiful, cosmopolitan young woman who pulls him into the outside world, with funny, touching and entirely unexpected results. Their implausible and enigmatic relationship reveals just how far two people from different realities can stretch in search of an extraordinary connection.
ADAM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE BROTHERS BLOOM  (PG13) So, we brought this in last weekend for a "Fri, Sat & Sun" limited engagement, and it was VERY well-received! So much so, that we are HOLDING IT OVER for an almost-full schedule for one more week! Here are Oscar winners ADRIEN BRODY and RACHEL WEISZ, with Oscar nominee MARK RUFFALO in one of those "caper comedies" that have been such a staple of movies for generations (THE STING, anyone?). SEE THIS ONE, FOLKS!!

THE BROTHERS BLOOM  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:20
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JULIE & JULIA (PG13) And, yes, this is really, really, really the last week for this MERYL STREEP hit, and we really, really, really mean it this time! No foolin'! Yes, I am telling the truth!
ALL of our screens are committed next week, so we couldn't hold this over if we wanted to! (and I'd play it from here to doomsday I love it so much!). SO, COME SEE IT AGAIN WHILE YOU STILL CAN, or...IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T SEEN IT--WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??
JULIE & JULIA (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT:(1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
FOOD, Inc. (PG13) How much do we really know about the food we buy at our local supermarkets and serve to our families?
In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that's been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA. Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of e coli -- the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults. IF YOU EAT FOOD, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS DOCUMENTARY!!
FOOD, Inc. (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (5:00)
SEASON PASSES ARE BACK!! Look for them for a limited time only STARTING NOW!!
They are now called the "V.I.P. MOVIE PASS" !!
We will only sell a limited amount, so make your plans to get yours now. They won't last long, and, we are not going to sell beyond 100 of them this time. We need to better control them, so we will be limiting the number available.
DON'T DELAY!!
V.I.P. Passes are good for 10 Movies (maximum two people at a time) and are: ADULTS: $70.00 SENIORS (60 and over) $52.50.

I hope you will all join me in welcoming the newest Avon fan, ADDISON ROSE RINCHIUSO, my new granddaughter (but, I'm only 39!!)  born Sept. 1st. . This 9 lb., 22 inch long little gal joins her sissy, LILY BELLE RINCHIUSO in the Avon's loudest cheering section! Congrats to my daughter, Melissa, and her hubby, Ryan!!

Come See Me Soon, Folks!!