[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWSLETTER EXTRA!! (12/29/09)!

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Tue Dec 29 13:25:11 EST 2009

AVON THEATRE EXTRA!! EXTRA!!
DEC. 29th, 2009
Hiya, Folks!
I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!

Here are a few points that had some "urgency", so I wanted to get them right out to you:

If you still have not completed your Herald & Review "Reader's Choice" ballot, there is STILL time! (but, not much!)
Just click right here: herald-review.com/readerschoice  and you will be taken right to the form.
REMEMBER: You MUST complete at least 45 entries for the ballot to be counted, but that is really pretty easy once you get started.

PLEASE give THE AVON THEATRE the honor of your vote of confidence in the "Best Place to See a Movie" category!
(Don't let those out-of-state-owned "other guys" win!!!)

YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL THE 31st TO DO THIS, SO DON'T PUT IT OFF ANY LONGER!

(There are "some" who would say to remind you to vote for ME in the "Best Decaturite" category I came in 2nd last year, but, cheezy as I may be at times, I want to leave that one up to you.)

Please get-r-done! You only have a few more days!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On another point:
Astonishing as this may be, we DO actually listen to you and what you are asking for, and, to that end:
We have brought the incredibly popular SANDRA BULLOCK film THE BLIND SIDE back for one more week starting TODAY!!

Last week's newsletter will not reflect this, and lists THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG, but we have decided to end that one's run and put THE BLIND SIDE back on for one more limited one-week run!
We are OPEN all day long this holiday week, and here are the showtimes THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT!!

IT'S COMPLICATED (PG13 rating? See Below)
TUES thru SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
(next week's showtimes TBA)

SHERLOCK HOLMES (PG13)
TUES thru SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
(next week's showtimes TBA)

THE BLIND SIDE (PG)
TUES thru SUN: (1:45) - (4:45) - 7:45
(next week's showtimes TBA)

(Why have I not put the official "R" rating on "It's Complicated" ?? Because I do not agree with it, and I will not support the increasingly frustrating ratings board on this one.
It was given an "R" rating solely because of a very funny scene where Meryl Streep and Steve Martin smoke some pot. Huh??? All the violent gore-fests and teenage sex sprees this ratings board gives a "PG13" and THIS get's an "R"?
Remember: The MPAA ratings are NOT "laws", but only "guidelines", and in this one I choose to publically say the ratings board is all wet!
As a college film teacher for the past (almost) 9 years, and someone I hope you have some confidence in my judgment calls:
I CALL "IT'S COMPLICATED" A "PG13"!!
And the corrupt, myopic, out-of-touch MPAA ratings board can just lump it!)
This year's NEW YEAR'S EVE movie is one of the most beloved, and, frankly best movies ever made...
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
This one NEVER gets old, and the dancing talents of GENE KELLY, DONALD O'CONNOR and DEBBIE REYNOLDS are a joy to see anytime it plays!
Join us at 10:00 PM on NEW YEAR'S EVE and ring in the New Year the safe, sane & sober AVON STYLE!
(We've got it timed to end within minutes of the countdown to 2010!)

I don't know if there'll be another newsletter this week or not.
We are open all day long until Sunday night, and the time just gets away during these periods.

If I don't send out an "official" newsletter in the next day or two, I will send out an announcement of next week's showtimes once Susan can get a breather to think about them.

I hope I see ALL of you for New Year's Eve, or at least over the holiday week!

I'll be looking for you and you and...YOU!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!