[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS MAY 30th 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed May 28 23:03:27 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 30th  thru THURSDAY, JUNE 5th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
SEX AND THE CITY (R) The Girls Are BACK...BIG TIME!!

CONTINUING:
INDIANA JONES 4 (PG13) The Mammoth Hit Done "Avon Style"!!
PRINCE CASPIAN (PG) See It Before It's Gone!!

COMING SOON:
JUNE 6th: KUNG FU PANDA (PG)
JUNE 20th: GET SMART (PG13)
JUNE 27th: WALL-E (G)
JULY 18th: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
JULY 18th: MAMMA MIA! (PG13)
JULY 25th: X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (PG13)
AUG 1st: THE MUMMY 3 (PG13)
...and MORE!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IMPORTANT NOTICES:
* The Exclusive JUNE 12th Screening of Decatur's Own Jake Rademacher's Extraordinary Documentary Movie
"BROTHERS AT WAR" featuring an IN-PERSON Appearance by Oscar Nominated Actor/Director of Stage/Screen/TV  GARY SINISE, is TOTALLY SOLD-OUT!! That means ALL 700 SEATS, Folks!
We will try to bring the movie back in for a regular run in late -Summer when the huge "popcorn pictures" have blown out, but, for now, the JUNE 12th Super-Event is 100%, COMPLETELY, POSITIVELY, SOLD OUT!!

* The Summer Richland-at-the-Avon film classes OVERLOOKED FILMS PART 6, will NOT begin on June 5th as was originally announced, but on JUNE 19th!! Same time, same place, different start-date. Make sure all your friends who don't get this newsletter are aware of this, please!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mr. POPCORN sez:
"My Caramel Corn is Decatur's BEST, by FAR!!"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SEX AND THE CITY (R) So, now we have another movie that has been ripe with hot anticipation for a long, long time! This seems to be the Summer for movies that people are chomping at the bit for! With last week's INDIANA JONES, and the new BATMAN movie coming in July, along with the finally-filmed MOMMA MIA, now here we have the long awaited filming of the HBO series SEX AND THE CITY, and, let me tell you, folks: There are a WHOLE LOT of people waiting for this one!! If you think this is just the "ultimate chick flick", you might be wrong-o on that one! (or, maybe not)...
Whatever your tastes are, the SEX AND THE CITY series was sexy and outrageous, sometimes bawdy, and sometimes downright shocking, but always FUN!! Big, BIG FUN!!
SEX AND THE CITY (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
 +++++++++++++++++++
INDIANA JONES 4 (PG13) Yes, I know the correct title is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", but I think all of you are well aware of that by now! Boy, did Spielberg, Lucas and Harrison Ford pull this one off! To come out of the chute after 19 years, and to have this big of a homerun, is a marvel! Oh, I know some of the fancy-pantz critics didn't like it, and some of the fanboys thought it was a little cutesy, but, you know what?? IT'S A CROWD PLEASER, and THAT is all I care about! You'll have a grand time at this one, folks!
INDIANA JONES 4 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++
PRINCE CASPIAN (PG) Ok, ok, so this one's full title is "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", and I have decided to do like almost every other theater owner in the world and shorten it to merely "Prince Caspian" (see "Indiana Jones 4" above). These long titles must be thought up by clueless mooks who have no concept as to how to fit such a mouthful on a marquee! This is the last week for this epic adventure for the whole family!
PRINCE CASPIAN (PG)
+++++++++++++++++++
SOME THOUGHTS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
What in the world is going on with our weather, huh?
Forget Spring, we missed it.
Now, where in the Sam Hill is SUMMER???

Many of you know that I am a true "Summer person"...
It can never get too hot for me!
(No jokes here).
BUT...
Here it is almost June 1st, and I am still wearing SOCKS and LONG-PANTS!!!
And, as far as the swimming pools go??
IT'S TOO DARN COLD IN THAT WATER!!

Now, on balance, we have not had to turn the A/C on in the theaters yet, and that is
always a relief!
BUT, there was a time last week when I almost wanted to turn the furnace on!!

Strange, strange days.
All I need is some sun.

Maybe soon?
Come See Me This Weekend, Folks!
I'll Be Watching for YOU!!!

-Skip Huston
P.S. We now have  groovy HOT PRETZELS in three flavors at our snack bar!

P.S.S. By the way, we are bringing the word "groovy" back. Use it whenever possible.