[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jan 31 15:15:51 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 1st  thru THURSDAY, FEB. 7th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
THERE WILL BE BLOOD (R) Daniel Day-Lewis's Incredible Performance and 8 Oscar Nominations including "Best Picture" and "Best Actor"!!

CONTINUING:
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman!! ENDS SOON!!
JUNO (PG13) 4 Oscar Noms including "Best Picture" ENDS SOON!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
FOOL'S GOLD (PG13) Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson!!

IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for:
*Lobby Staff Positions
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan or Skip!
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 18 years of age, but will consider
as young as 16.
AT LAST!!    FINALLY!!!
Many of you know how frustrated I have been with the downtown restaurants not being open on Sundays.
It made no logical business sense whatsoever that someone would not take advantage of the hundreds of
people THE AVON brings into downtown on Sundays alone!
But, so far, none of those great eating establishments have seen fit to consider opening on Sundays!
UNTIL NOW!!
Effective immediately, one of the BEST downtown restaurants, PASTABILITIES, will be open on Sundays
from 11 to 7!!
Make sure you get in there and let them see it was good thing to try opening on Sundays!
Very soon, we will start to give additional incentives for you to eat at PASTABILITIES on Sundays!!
Want to see their menu?? Click on this: www.hotpastanow.com
THERE WILL BE BLOOD (R) What can I say about this one that hasn't already been said?? I can say this: I have seen this movie, and, from a professional film teacher's point of view, Daniel Day Lewis' performance here ranks among the greatest in film history!
No foolin', folks! This is of the same caliber as Marlon Brando in THE GODFATHER or Robert DeNiro in RAGING BULL!! It is an outrageous, audacious and ferocious performance!!
The movie itself is definitely one of those "Love It or Hate it" films. It is an epic in every sense of the word, and paints a broad canvas of the Texas oilfields in the 1920's and 30's.
Is it "bloody"?? NO!!
Is it "brutal"?? Yes, at times.
Is it "long"?? At 2 1/2 hours, it does take its time telling it story, but, it is quite a story!
>From Upton Sinclair's novel, "Oil", which was only used as a jumping off point, comes an important cinema event of this year's Oscar season!  Nominated for 8 Oscars including "Best Picture" and "Best Actor"!!!

THERE WILL BE BLOOD (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) If the prospect of seeing Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman together in a wonderful movie haven't gotten you out to see this by now, I don't know what to think! After all, it's only been here FOUR WEEKS!! Get yo' fanny down here!! It must leave soon!!!
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT & SUN:
(2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
JUNO (PG13) ..And this one, nominated for 4 Oscars including "Best Picture", has been here for FIVE WEEKS, and it is leaving soon too! You need to see this sweet little movie at least once so you can brag to all your friends who didn't see it what a great movie they missed! THIS POSITIVELY ENDS WEDNESDAY!! We really mean it this time! No kidding!
JUNO (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:15) - 8:15
SAT & SUN:
(2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
There's a mighty snow storm out there, folks!
But, that doesn't stop the corn a'poppin'!!
BUT, it DOES mean I'm cutting this newsletter short!!
Come See Me This Weekend!!
See THERE WILL BE BLOOD on the Decatur area's BIGGEST screen!!
-Skip Huston
P.S. Don't forget to VOTE on Tuesday!