[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jan 3 17:53:53 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 4th  thru THURSDAY, JAN. 10th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
JUNO (PG13) The Surprise Indy-Film Hit of the Year!! (...and it's ONLY at The Avon too!!!)

CONTINUING:
NATIONAL TREASURE 2:Book of Secrets (PG) Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight and the whole gang! (ENDS SOON!)
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R) Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts!! (ENDS SOON!!)

COMING NEXT WEEK:
THE BUCKET LIST (PG13) Jack Nicholson & Morgan Freeman!!!

JUNO (PG13) Remember SIDEWAYS?? Remember LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?? Remember that sense of "discovery" to finally be out of the mainstream multiplex mall-fodder movies and see something totally, and wonderfully different? The fundamental difference between those aforementioned two and JUNO, is that JUNO is rated PG13 (the others were R). In other words: JUNO is more "family friendly" (and, yes, I did mean that in every sense of the word!). The cast of Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman and Ellen Page, among others, is not important here. This is an "ensemble piece", and considered by many, many critics and audiences to be one of the year's best! REMEMBER: YOU CAN ONLY SEE IT AT THE AVON!!!
JUNO  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NATIONAL TREASURE 2: BOOK OF SECRETS (PG) If you are one of the few remaining people on this planet who haven't seen this at least once, you need to get yo' fanny in gear! Sure, the critics hated it, BUT, audiences go wild for it! Grab a big tub of the Avon's fabulous REAL buttered corn, put your brain on hold, and forget your troubles as Nicolas Cage and an incredible cast that includes Helen Mirren, Harvey Keitel, Jon Voight, Ed Harris (whew!) and more take you on a preposterous, yet so-much-fun journey!
HURRY!! ENDS SOON!!
NATIONAL TREASURE 2 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R) This is the Julia Roberts movie for people who don't like Julia Roberts! Then, add in Tom Hanks and the always-amazing Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and you have a stranger-than-fiction tale from 20 years ago that will amaze and delight! Yes, this all REALLY happened! See this film made expressly for intelligent moviegoers!!
HURRY!! ENDS SOON!!
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!
Sue and I are so pooped we can barely pop!
(That'll be the day!)
I need to end this quickly as the short Holiday week left us out-of-time to
do much more this week.
Thanks to ALL of YOU for making this a record-breaking Holiday Season for
The Avon!!
We worked our fannies off the entire season, but it was certainly worth it!
Come See Me Soon!
-Skip Huston
P.S. And to those of you who have inquired how I am doing after my surgery in mid-November:
 I feel GREAT!!
(In fact, better than I have felt in years!!)
Those "other guys" better watch out, 'cause now I am running on ALL cylinders!!!!!