[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Mar 1 12:22:51 EST 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  MARCH 2nd thru THURSDAY, MARCH 8th ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
AMAZING GRACE (PG) The Amazing True Story!!
THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (R) Hurry!! ENDS VERY SOON!!
MUSIC and LYRICS (PG13) Hurry! ENDS VERY SOON!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
MISS POTTER (PG) Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor!!
-and- ???

AMAZING GRACE (PG) Just like I "knew" this was an "Avon movie", I "knew" you would love it! This true saga behind the beloved song, and the man who fought for many years to end the slave trade in 18th century Britain, is one of those old-fashioned sweeping epics that Avon audiences have flocked to for years! A distinguished British cast brings this heretofore little-known era to life in a grand way!
AMAZING GRACE (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (R) Unless you are living on the moon, you now know that this is not only the BEST ACTOR OSCAR WINNER this year for FOREST WHITAKER, but that this is NOT about Scottish knights in shining armor, or even about Scotland at all! The rather vague title makes complete sense when you see the film about the despotic Uganda dictator Idi Amin!! We have to warn you this has some brutal scenes...
Idi Amin was not exactly a pleasant fellow! But, if you want to see a towering performance from an actor who has been overlooked for too long, SEE THIS BEFORE IT IS GONE!! HURRY!! IT ENDS SOON!!

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN: (2:15) -(5:15)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00 (Last Chance Show!)

MUSIC and LYRICS (PG13) With this delightful and tune-filled movie, it never fails to amuse me when I hear so many of you singing and/or humming the catchy songs! It even happened to me! Rarely does a romantic comedy like this actually generate such good songs. I had even heard that one of them ("POP Goes My Heart") is going to be released as a single! This is probably all due to the fact that the much-talented Adam Schlesinger, of the popular current band Fountains of Wayne, wrote the music! In any case, this is a wonderful little film that deserves to be seen!
But, HURRY!! IT ENDS SOON!!!
MUSIC and LYRICS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.50 "Bargain Matinees")
Hang on, everybody! Spring is almost here!!!
(...and it's about time too!!!)

I'll Be Looking for YOU This Weekend!!
Skip Huston