[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Apr 5 11:52:55 EDT 2007

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 6th  thru THURSDAY,  APRIL 12th ONLY!!

OPENING FRIDAY:
MISS POTTER (PG) Renee Zellwger & Ewan McGregor!!
BREACH (PG13) FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!! Starring Chris Cooper and Laura Linney

CONTINUING:
BLADES OF GLORY (PG13) Will Ferrell and Jon Heder Kick Some Ice!!
SHOOTER (R) Mark Wahlberg & Danny Glover! ENDS SOON!!!

SPECIAL EVENT:
NEXT FRIDAY: (FRIDAY the 13th! eeeeeek!!) PART TWO of Troy Taylor's Supernatural Spookshow!!
Come at 10;30 PM (if you dare) to see CARNIVAL OF SOULS and DEAD OF NIGHT!! ONLY $5.00 for all!!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
Richard Gere in THE HOAX (R)

ATTENTION!! Wednesday, April 4th, marked THE AVON THEATRE'S 8th YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
Take a moment to reflect how terrible the last 8 years would have been if you had only had the "other guys" to see movies at!!
When you have fully digested that horrid thought, make plans to COME SEE US THIS WEEKEND!!
After all, we only stay open because of YOU!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: Due to the Holiday on Easter Sunday, our Sunday schedule has been shortened so that our staff can spend time with their families. We wish you a wonderful Easter!!
MISS POTTER (PG) So, after an astounding 4 play-dates that were announced for us and then inexplicably pulled, and countless rumors of just what was really going on with the distribution (or lack of the same) of this movie, it is FINALLY here!! Maybe it was the plan all along to play it on Easter weekend, but, who knows? All I DO know is this utterly enchanting story of the beloved Beatrix Potter and her life and endeavors is a bonafide, carved in granite, "Avon movie" if I ever did see one!  Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor, who were so great together in DOWN WITH LOVE a few years back,  join longtime Avon favorite Emily Watson for a PG-rated tale for all ages!
MISS POTTER (PG)

BREACH (PG13) April is our traditional month for playing "catch-up". We bring in movies that played at the "other guys", when we strongly felt they should have played The Avon!! This intelligent and engrossing true tale of one of the biggest American espionage and breach of security cases is a prime example of a film that had no business at any other Decatur venue but THE AVON!! Oscar-winner Chris Cooper stars with Laura Linney (one of my personal faves) and Ryan Phillipe (who was really great in FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS). This plays FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY, so get thee down there!!!
BREACH (PG13)
FRI: 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - 8:00
SUN: (5:00)

BLADES OF GLORY (PG13) All of you who abhor the "mall" movies out there (and I am one of them) have to admit that sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, you just want to laugh! Will Ferrell is about as outrageous and silly as a comic can get, but, you end up roaring with laughter at his antics in spite of yourself! When you add that up-and-comer Jon Heder from NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, you have a silly mix of outlandish fun! See for yourself!!

BLADES OF GLORY (PG13)

SHOOTER (R) Mark Wahlberg has really developed a good screen image. He was up against some real heavy-weights in THE DEPARTED, but held his own. His tough-guy persona is probably helped by the fact the he himself had a rather "colorful" youth. It will be good to see if he can stretch out in the future and do light comedy, but this ain't it! This is a slam-bang, trust-no-one government conspiracy tale that will keep you riveted! ENDS THURSDAY!!
SHOOTER (R)
FRI: (5:00)
SAT: (5:00)
SUN: (2:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:40
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HELP WANTED!!
Yes, we still have openings for this Summer!!
If you are not afraid of working nights and weekends, and
can take direction, we want to talk to you!
Remember, ONLY those who are available ALL Summer long
will be considered!
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!!
Come and see Sue for an application!
All ages will be considered, but under-18 will be subject to a
case-by-case evaluation of maturity and responsibility.
It Looks Like Spring is Hiding From Us for Awhile!!
This Weekend Will Be Cold!!!
BUT...It's PERFECT Movie-Going Weather!!
Come See Me!!