[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--SEPT. 13TH, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Sep 12 19:12:24 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 13TH thru THURSDAY, SEPT. 19TH ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
DAVIDtimes (2).PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++
it_chapter_two_ver9 (2).JPGit_chapter_two_ver6 (2).JPG

Are YOU Ready For IT??
IT's Ready To Tell You The Rest of the Story!
it_chapter_two_ver2 (2).JPG
Stephen King's IT-Chap. 2 (R)
Evil resurfaces in Derry as director Andy Muschietti reunites the Losers
Club in a return to where it all began with "IT Chapter Two," the conclusion
to the highest-grossing horror film of all time. Twenty-seven years after
the Losers Club defeated Pennywise, he has returned to terrorize the town of
Derry once more. Now adults, the Losers have long since gone their separate
ways. However, kids are disappearing again, so Mike, the only one of the
group to remain in their hometown, calls the others home. Damaged by the
experiences of their past, they must each conquer their deepest fears to
destroy Pennywise once and for all...putting them directly in the path of
the clown that has become deadlier than ever.
it_chapter_two_ver3 (2).JPG

Stephen King's IT-Chap. 2 (R)
FRI: (4:15) - 7:00 - 8:00
SAT: (12:30) -(4:15) - 7:00 - 8:00
SUN: (12:30) -(4:15) - 7:00
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

++++++++++++++++++++++
HELD OVER!! AVON EXCLUSIVE!!

A FINE CAST AND A GREAT STORY!!
ENDS SOON!!!
after_the_wedding.JPG
AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)
Isabel (Michelle Williams) has dedicated her life to working with the
children in an orphanage in Calcutta. Theresa (Julianne Moore) is the
multimillionaire head of a media company who lives with her artist husband
(Billy Crudup) and their twin boys in New York. When word comes to Isabel of
a mysterious and generous grant for the financially struggling orphanage,
she must travel to New York to meet the benefactor--Theresa--in person.

AFTER THE WEDDING (PG13)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) -(4:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

++++++++++++++++++

LIMITED EXCLUSIVE ENGAGEMENT!!
One of the BEST Rock Documentaries EVER!

david_crosby_remember_my_name_ver2.JPG
DAVID CROSBY: Remember My Name (R)
You thought you knew him. Meet David Crosby now in this portrait of a man
with everything but an easy retirement on his mind. With unflinching
honesty, self-examination, regret, fear, exuberance and an unshakable belief
in family and the transformative nature of music, Crosby shares his often
challenging journey.

DAVID CROSBY: Remember My Name (R)

FRI: (4:00)
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

+++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, SEPT. 20th!!
downton_abbey_ver28_xlg.JPG
THE ONE YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!

downton_abbey_ver6.JPG
DOWNTON ABBEY (PG)
This fall, the worldwide phenomenon DOWNTON ABBEY, becomes a grand motion
picture event, as the beloved Crawleys and their intrepid staff prepare for
the most important moment of their lives. A royal visit from the King and
Queen of England will unleash scandal, romance and intrigue that will leave
the future of Downton hanging in the balance.
downton_abbey_ver29.JPG downton_abbey_ver30.JPG

DOWNTON ABBEY (PG)
(Showtimes Announced Next Week!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, SEPT. 20th
BRAD PITT GOES "Into the Stars"!!

ad_astra_ver7.JPG
AD ASTRA ("Into the Stars") (PG13)
Astronaut Roy McBride (Brad Pitt) travels to the outer edges of the solar
system to find his missing father and unravel a mystery that threatens the
survival of our planet. His journey will uncover secrets that challenge the
nature of human existence and our place in the cosmos.

AD ASTRA ("Into the Stars") (PG13)
(Showtimes Announced Next Week!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, SEPT. 20th
A RIOTOUS COMEDY YOU WILL LOVE!!

brittany_runs_a_marathon_ver3.JPG
BRITTANY RUNS A MARATHON (R)
Brittany Forgler is a hilarious, friendly, hot mess of a New Yorker who
always knows how to have a good time, but at 27, her late-night adventures
and early-morning walks-of-shame are starting to catch up to her. When she
stops by a Yelp-recommended doctor's office in an attempt to score some
Adderall, she finds herself slapped with a prescription she never wanted.
Forced to face reality for the first time in a long time, Brittany laces up
her Converse and runs one sweaty block. The next day, she runs two. Soon she
runs a mile. Brittany finally has direction--but is she on the right path?
BRITTANY RUNS A MARATHON (R)
(Showtimes Announced Next Week!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
Skip Huston
NEW FILM CLASS ANOUNCED!!
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES
Films About Reporters, Newspapers, and the "search for the story".
The continuation of our popular 21 year film and discussion series on the
art of the movies!
AN 8 WEEK COURSE STARTING THURSDAY, SEPT. 26th  and ending THURSDAY, NOV.
14th!!This 8 week screening and discussion film series will meet every
Thursday @ 6:30 PM starting SEPT 26th at The Avon Theatre.
Cost is $80, in cash, check or credit cards), checks payable to "TMG  LLC".
Like all of our previous film classes, we NEVER reveal the movies to be
screened beforehand.BUT.we think you will find one of your next  favorite
films in the offerings! This is such a rich topic. So many great movies have
been about the business of news reporting
==================================
Come and  join us for 8 weeks of unforgettable movie experiences, and a
lively discussion with fellow film-buffs!  Sign up TODAY at the AVON
THEATRE!
(Give this form with your payment to the Avon Theatre's staff)
JOURNALISM at the MOVIES sign-up form

$80, Cash, Check or Credit Card)

NAME:_______________________________

NUMBER OF  SIGN-UPS___________

PHONE:_________________________________________

EMAIL (if any):________________________(Email to be used only for class
purposes)

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston