[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--March 22nd, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Mar 20 18:56:02 EDT 2019

ALITAspecial.PNG
cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, March 22nd thru THURSDAY, March 28th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
DUMBOtimes.PNG

+++++++++++++++++++++
THE FIRST BLOCKBUSTER OF 2019!!
captain_marvel_ver18.jpg
CAPTAIN MARVEL (PG13)
The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe's most
powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between
two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure
from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic
Universe.
captain_marvel_ver2.JPG
CAPTAIN MARVEL (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++++
ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
TERRIFIC NEW FAMILY FUN!!
wonder_park_ver5.JPG
WONDER PARK (PG)
Wonder Park tells the story of a magnificent amusement park where the
imagination of a wildly creative girl named June comes alive. One magical
day, June is running through the woods to find her way home where she
discovers an old rollercoaster car and climbs inside. She suddenly finds
herself in Wonderland, an amusement park she had created in her mind and put
aside. All of her rides and characters are brought to life but are falling
into disarray without her. Now, with the help of her fun and lovable park
characters, June will have to put the wonder back in Wonderland before it is
lost forever.
ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
WONDER PARK (PG)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (*1:00 3D) - (4:00) - 7:00
SUN: (*1:00 3D) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*No EXTRA 3D Charges!!

++++++++++++++++++++++
ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
BACK ON THE BIG SCREEN TO ASTOUND YOU AGAIN!!
alita_battle_angel_ver3.JPG
ALITA: Battle Angel (PG13)
>From visionary filmmakers James Cameron (AVATAR) and Robert Rodriguez (SIN
CITY), comes ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, an epic adventure of hope and empowerment.
When Alita (Rosa Salazar) awakens with no memory of who she is in a future
world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a
compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg
shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past. As
Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron
City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious history while her
street-smart new friend Hugo (Keean Johnson) offers instead to help trigger
her memories.

ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
ALITA: Battle Angel (PG13)

FRI: (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*No EXTRA 3D Charges!!

++++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE!!
THURS, March 28th 7:00 PM!!
IN 2D or 3D---YOUR Choice!!
DISNEY'S NEW VISION OF A BELOVED CLASSIC!!
dumbo_ver8.JPG
DUMBO (PG)
>From Disney and visionary director Tim Burton, the all-new grand live-action
adventure "Dumbo" expands on the beloved classic story where differences are
celebrated, family is cherished and dreams take flight. Circus owner Max
Medici (Danny DeVito) enlists former star Holt Farrier (Colin Farrell) and
his children Milly (Nico Parker) and Joe (Finley Hobbins) to care for a
newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already
struggling circus. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus
makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive entrepreneur V.A.
Vandevere (Michael Keaton), who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his
newest, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland. Dumbo soars to
new heights alongside a charming and spectacular aerial artist, Colette
Marchant (Eva Green), until Holt learns that beneath its shiny veneer,
Dreamland is full of dark secrets.
dumbo_ver10.jpg
SNEAK PREMIERE!!
THURS, March 28th 7:00 PM!!
IN 2D or 3D---YOUR Choice!!
DUMBO (PG)
THURS, March 28th in Standard 2D: 7:00 PM
THURS, March 28th in NO-EXTRA-CHARGE 3D: 7:00 PM
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES ANNOUNCED NEXT NEWSLETTEER)

++++++++++++++++++++++
Skip&Marquee.jpg
It's hard to believe that our final film class for this 8 week session is
Thursday (tomorrow)!
One of the odd things about our film classes is they make time go by so
quickly!
It seems like only yesterday we were just announcing this class would be
"Americana in the Movies-Part 8", and now its over!
Last week we screened and discussed the 1942 classic KING'S ROW, the movie
that made Ronald Reagan a star.
It holds up very well, and is still an emotional and ahead-of-its-time film.

In the summer, we always do our most-popular class OVERLOOKED FILMS, and,
since we've been doing classes for 19 years now, this will probably be the
17th or 18th edition of OVERLOOKED FILMS. Wow!
We'll announce the start date and enrollment time for OVERLOOKED FILMS as we
get closer to its mid-June start.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPRING has officially begun!
We'll see how old man Winter feels about that!
Sometimes Winter likes to give us a parting farewell of hell on earth, just
so we won't forget!
I'll be braced for that, and won't feel we are truly out of it until
probably mid-April!! (IF even then!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 102 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we start our 21st Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
DO YOU DARE REVISIT??
April 5th!
pet_sematary_ver2.jpg