[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS July 19th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jul 17 19:23:24 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 19th thru THURSDAY, JULY 25th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
PAVAROTTI2times (2).PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!
PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 18th 7:00 PM
2D or 3D---YOUR Choice!
*No Extra Charges for 3D!!
lion_king_ver2.JPG
THE LION KING (PG)
>From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau's all-new "The Lion King"
journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes
his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not
everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's
brother-and former heir to the throne-has plans of his own. The battle for
Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting
in Simba's exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba
will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

THE LION KING (PG)
lion_king.JPG
PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 18th 7:00 PM
2D or 3D---YOUR Choice!
*No Extra Charges for 3D!!
THURS, JULY 18th: THE LION KING 7:00PM

THURS, JULY 18th: THE LION KING in 3D 7:00PM
THE LION KING (PG)
FRI: (4:00) -7:00 -8:00
SAT: (1:00) -(2:00) - (4:00) - 7:00 -8:00
SUN: (2:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30

THE LION KING IN 3D (PG)
FRI, SAT, SUN: (5:00)
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15
*No Extra Charges for 3D!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
*AVON EXCLUSIVE*
HELD OVER FOR ONE FINAL WEEK!!
pavarotti (2).JPG
PAVAROTTI (PG13)
>From the filmmaking team behind the highly-acclaimed documentary The
Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years, PAVAROTTI is a riveting film
that lifts the curtain on the icon who brought opera to the people. Academy
Award (R) winner Ron Howard puts audiences front row center for an
exploration of The Voice...The Man...The Legend. Luciano Pavarotti gave his
life to the music and a voice to the world. This cinematic event features
history-making performances and intimate interviews, including
never-before-seen footage and cutting-edge Dolby Atmos technology.

PAVAROTTI (PG13)
FRI: (5:00) -8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (5:00) -8:00
++++++++++++++++++++++

STARTS FRIDAY, JULY 26th!!
yesterday.JPG
YESTERDAY (PG13)
Jack Malik (Himesh Patel, BBC's Eastenders) is a struggling
singer-songwriter in a tiny English seaside town whose dreams of fame are
rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood
best friend, Ellie (Lily James, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again). Then, after a
freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to
discover that The Beatles have never existed... and he finds himself with a
very complicated problem, indeed.

YESTERDAY (PG13)
STARTS FRIDAY, MARCH 26th
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG
Skip Huston

We feel so fortunate to be one of the few theaters in downstate Illinois (In
fact, maybe the ONLY theater in downstate Illinois) that was chosen to play
Ron Howard's superb portrait of PAVAROTTI.

This movie has enchanted so many people (even non-opera fans), that we held
it over again this week!
With THE LION KING going to do the Lion's share (ahem..) of the business in
the world this weekend, we all discussed maybe it would be good to hold
PAVAROTTI and have something of a different bent than THE LION KING.

Indeed, people are coming from out-of-town to see PAVAROTTI. We know because
we are seeing a lot of unfamiliar faces, and people curious about the
theater. (And raving about our great prices and incredible popcorn-with reel
buttah)
The choice was play something, anything, on the 3rd screen (we have THE LION
KING on TWO screens this week) or stick with something unique and highly,
highly, HIGHLY acclaimed ala PAVAROTTI. It wasn't a hard decision!

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston