[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--- Dec. 27th, 2019

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Dec 26 19:24:59 EST 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 27th thru THURSDAY, JAN. 2nd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: EXTENDED HOLIDAY SHOWTIMES!!
STUDY THE TIMES VERY CAREFULLY!!
OUR “QUICK LOOK” SHOWTIMES
SPIES2times.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!
star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker_ver4.JPG
STAR WARS: The Rise of Skywalker (PG13)
No one's ever really gone... Rey's journey continues and the Skywalker saga
concludes in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, coming December 2019.
STAR WARS: The Rise of Skywalker (PG13)
FRI & SAT: (12:00) – (3:30) – 7:15
SUN: (12:00) – (3:30)
MON: 7:15
TUES: (12:00) – (3:30) (Close Early for New Year’s Eve)
WED: (12:00) – (3:30) – 7:15 (New Year’s Day)
THURS: (12:00) – (3:30) – 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++
THE BROADWAY SMASH FINALLY ON THE SCREEN!!
cats_ver2.JPG
CATS (PG)
Universal Pictures and Working Title's Cats is a most-unexpected film
adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber's beloved smash musical "Cats" and the
poems from "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats," by T.S. Eliot. Oscar
(R)-winning director Tom Hooper (The King's Speech, Les Misérables, The
Danish Girl) brings astonishing new technology to transform his cast
members. Acclaimed casting director Lucy Bevan is casting the film
adaptation. The epic will be produced by Hooper and Working Title's Tim
Bevan and Eric Fellner, as well as fellow Les Misérables producer Debra
Hayward-who brought the idea to Working Title. CATS will be produced by
Working Title Films in association with Monumental Pictures and The Really
Useful Group and executive produced by three-time Oscar (R) winner Steven
Spielberg, Lloyd Webber and Angela Morrison. Hooper and Lee Hall (Billy
Elliott, War Horse) have adapted the story for the screen. One of the
longest-running shows in West End and Broadway history, "Cats" received its
world premiere at the New London Theatre in 1981-where it played for 21
record-breaking years and almost 9,000 performances.
CATS (PG)
FRI & SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON: 6:30
TUES: (1:00) – (4:00) (Close Early for New Year’s Eve)
WED: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00 (New Year’s Day)
THURS: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!

spies_in_disguise_ver3.JPG

SPIES IN DISGUISE (PG)

Super spy Lance Sterling (Will Smith) and scientist Walter Beckett (Tom
Holland) are almost exact opposites. Lance is smooth, suave and debonair.
Walter is...not. But when events take an unexpected turn, this unlikely duo
is forced to team up for the ultimate mission that will require an almost
impossible disguise - transforming Lance into the brave, fierce,
majestic...pigeon. Walter and Lance suddenly have to work as a team, or the
whole world is in peril.

SPIES IN DISGUISE (PG)

FRI & SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON: 6:30
TUES: (1:00) – (4:00) (Close Early for New Year’s Eve)
WED: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00 (New Year’s Day)
THURS: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++

Skippy 2nd Grade.bmpSKIPPY2016.JPG
    Skippy Huston

HAPPYNY.JPG
Folks, it looks I will be discontinuing the newsletter after this issue, or
very soon after.
It’s just so much work to put it out, and I’m not sure how many are still
actually reading it.
It doesn’t mean you won’t hear from me from time to time, but it does mean
there will be no weekly issue.
I’m keeping the database intact, and I will send a ‘special’ out for certain
things, you can count on that.

HOWEVER, our FaceBook page continues to be one of the strongest in the city,
with almost 12,000 followers. There is more info on our FaceBook page than
the newsletter, including special sales and other events not listed
elsewhere. I update the FaceBook page a few times a day, at minimum, and
will continue to do so. If you are not a member of FaceBook, that is ok,
just go to www.FaceBook.com and search for The Avon Theater. You should be
able to see everything. The only drawback about not being a member is you
can’t personally post anything, but you can sure get tons of info!

I’m having heart surgery in February, and I will be laid up for about a
month.
I’m so blessed to have my wife, Susan, and long-term staffers like our
General Manager, Ashley Petty, and her two assistants Hannah Elliott and
Bridget Spitzer to carry the extra load while I am recuperating. Between
those four, and my daughter and her family—(and a dedicated “Popcorn Staff”)
it should all come off as seamless.
Many of the Front Office duties I do now from my home office can still be
done by me, I just won’t be out-and-about and around the theater for awhile.
The longest I’ve ever been away from the old Avon in almost 21 years, is
about 6 or 7 days when I had hernia surgery about 13 years ago. To think
about being away from “my baby” for a month, is not a pleasant prospect!
But, as I often say: “In order to get through it, you have to get to it!”
This heart surgery is vital, and I’m not looking forward to it, but it must
be done so I can keep on popping!

God willing, all will go well, and I’ll be back at the theater in no time.
(And this isn’t until February, so I’m still around through January)
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 103 Years!!
As of April, 2019, we started our 21st year!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston